Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:04 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,676,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
John Waters and Truman Capote are too dark... I feel a Rodgers and Hammerstein broadway musical of this would be much more fun...
...or a made for T.V. movie crime drama starring Richard Simmons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,758,469 times
[SIZE=2]Crossdressing Car Theif ? - No, but kinda funny! In drag I pass 95% of the time as a woman so yeah, I can use it as a disguise. I mostly shop for womens clothes in drag and I have seen women in their underwear in the women's fitting room and they never knew I was a guy!

I don't have 4 cars now, used to back in 2000. Got rid of my 2 classic Hondas in 2001.

Now I have 3 cars, minivan, Civic HX, and Mazda MX6 LS - feel like selling the MX6, but it's my only sports car! Guess I gotta make room for a future BMW 330Ci!

If bad plates registered to other people is a felony I guess I shouldn't risk it. But my Texas plate registered Honda HX - I'll keep it as Texas plates so they won't constantly ticket it for TINT! I put $380 top of the line WINCOS window tint on it - EXPENSIVE!

I need 2 vehicle minimum! It ensures you get to work if the other car doesn't start! Then if a car is wrecked or in repair, it's a good backup vs a costly car rental! Then 1 car is a fuel efficient daily driver and the other vehicle is a fmaily / cargo hauling minivan!
[/SIZE]

Old 11-17-2008, 06:42 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,363,619 times
if one of your cars break down, why don't you just bike to work on one of your $2k+ bikes? seem to remember you even suggesting in another thread that people should bike instead of taking the CTA. so you NEED 2 cars AND several overpriced bikes?

I'm calling shenanigans (well, been called it!)

Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,225,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I need 2 vehicle minimum! It ensures you get to work if the other car doesn't start! Then if a car is wrecked or in repair, it's a good backup vs a costly car rental! Then 1 car is a fuel efficient daily driver and the other vehicle is a fmaily / cargo hauling minivan!
Ummm......for the cost of keeping two cars that break down maybe you could afford one car that runs? Or pay for maintenance on one car to ensure it runs?

I find it hard to believe that the cost of buying, maintaining, insuring, parking, and registering a cargo vehicle is less than renting one when you need it. I think you might want to sit down and crunch some numbers.

(I do think it makes life easier to have a car in Houston, but in Chicago you really don't need a car at all)

Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM

43 posts, read 143,175 times
Um, Jesse69, I believe that Chicago60614 said you would be committing interstate fraud, if you went along with this crazy idea. I am assuming that could bring the FBI in to this. If I'm wrong fellow posters please correct me. But it doesn't seem worth it if the FBI did get involved.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:46 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,843,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqgirl View Post
Um, Jesse69, I believe that Chicago60614 said you would be committing interstate fraud, if you went along with this crazy idea. I am assuming that could bring the FBI in to this. If I'm wrong fellow posters please correct me. But it doesn't seem worth it if the FBI did get involved.
I would think that they might be interested in that Lebanon link as well! Assuming any of this is true...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,429,057 times
ROFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
They'll drive you to a vacant building somewhere on the far south side and beat you.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 PM

3 posts, read 7,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Jesse69, tell us the truth. Are you or are you not part of a national cross-dresser auto theft ring?

"The Birmingham police said a group of cross-dressing men had been stealing cars from dealerships in Alabama and perhaps Tennessee to drive to cross-dresser pageants across the Southeast"

[url=http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9801E6DA1E3DF936A35756C0A9629C8B 63]National Briefing | South: Alabama: Cross-Dressing Car Thieves - New York Times[/url]

Like everyone else has said, this is a pretty terrible idea. The police do random plate checks pretty regularly, particularly if they're working a dead night shift. Plus, the minute you get grabbed, they're going to throw the proverbial book at you. If it's not an automatic license suspension just to drive with the wrong plates, they'll figure out a way to make it one.

Clint

Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,338,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post

It'd be a problem -
if stopped driving by a cop with bad plates - what'll happen?
if they tow the car to a pund with bad unmatching plates - what'll happen?

Are there Chicago or IL laws against using license plates not registered to you or your car?
Your next career may be making plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago