Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 PM

109 posts, read 281,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Soooooo, I guess Im black, around 1,500 ft tall, and have two antenni coming out of me?
lmao - I was wondering who that special someone would be to say something like that. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 06:21 PM

725 posts, read 1,849,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
soooooo, I Guess Im Black, Around 1,500 Ft Tall, And Have Two Antenni Coming Out Of Me?

Lol :d

Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Here is a good example of a heavy Chicago accent even if it is for parody.Gotta love svengoolie.

YouTube - The Koz Zone - "Vic Sorry Auto Snatchers" (1989)

Old 07-12-2008, 12:56 PM

107 posts, read 327,571 times
Classic. That guy's probably in jail for dealing coke.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Thanks for the link, that was a pretty funny spoof of Victory Auto Wreckers. I've had fun going through those old videos. I was particularly fond of the
Concritos sketch making fun of Jay Leno (Concrete flavored tortilla chips anyone?).

Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
... I was particularly fond of the
Concritos sketch making fun of Jay Leno (Concrete flavored tortilla chips anyone?).
Yeah I watched that one a couple minutes ago. I forgot about that one for a long time. The fake chin is good on it too.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 8,326 times
Default Old thread, I know, but still....

This thread came up when doing a search for 'Chicago personalities' because I recently realized that all the ex-Chicago residents I know irritate the heck out of me. Maybe you guys kicked them out. But every single one I have known in the past 30 years share the same traits: Loud, aggressive, VERY big on bragging and 'big talk' and constantly talking about where they were from instead of learning to BE where they are. They are often rude and lack social graces. I don't think they realize that they're being rude though.

They seem to constantly feel the need to pretend they're more important than they are and to talk about how much stuff they have (had) and how rich their neighborhood in Chicago was. It honestly baffles me.

I don't care about professional (or even college) sports, but it seems to me that these people are inordinately attached to their Chicago teams, as if they had no life except their teams. It all puzzles me.

I don't like to paint with a broad brush, but in this case, these are all people of different ages, at different times, in different professions and they share the same traits.

Perhaps someone here can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:25 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
Where are you meeting these former Chicagoans, and were they born and bred in Chicago, or did they just pass through? I don't know many people like you describe.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Chicagoans and New Yorkers are almost identical. They don't admit it, but they are.
I think their personalities are very different.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:40 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityInterest View Post
This thread came up when doing a search for 'Chicago personalities' because I recently realized that all the ex-Chicago residents I know irritate the heck out of me. Maybe you guys kicked them out. But every single one I have known in the past 30 years share the same traits: Loud, aggressive, VERY big on bragging and 'big talk' and constantly talking about where they were from instead of learning to BE where they are. They are often rude and lack social graces. I don't think they realize that they're being rude though.

They seem to constantly feel the need to pretend they're more important than they are and to talk about how much stuff they have (had) and how rich their neighborhood in Chicago was. It honestly baffles me.

I don't care about professional (or even college) sports, but it seems to me that these people are inordinately attached to their Chicago teams, as if they had no life except their teams. It all puzzles me.

I don't like to paint with a broad brush, but in this case, these are all people of different ages, at different times, in different professions and they share the same traits.

Perhaps someone here can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
I'll have a go at this one ...

You're self-selecting, and only commenting on ex-Chicago residents who irritate you, because you don't know how many ex-Chicago residents you know who don't bother with bragging and 'big talk'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago