Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenickels View Post
Over a period of 100 years of Chicago's history the city was held in a strangle hold for approximately half a century by a racist, anti black Irish clan of corrupt politicians. The consequence was massive segregation, and racial discrimination against blacks which ultimately caused mass joblessness and a huge miseducated population of people. Blacks in Chicago are well into their fourth generation as victims of various local injustices and outright human rights abuses....Let me stop...'bout to run on.
Chicago has a interesting history tied into current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:53 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
It's just bullying behavior. You're not going to do anything and they know you're not going to do anything.

Not that you are cowardly, but because anyone with an IQ of more than 40 doesn't want to end up stabbed in the gut by some cross-eyed freak who places no value on human life, including his own.

Given that there is not much you can really do about it unless you are actually willing to get into a physical confrontation with every idiotic knuckle dragger in the city, at which point you better start practicing conceal and carry.
I totally agree here. I don't consider myself a wussy and might even consider myself semi-tough, but I'm really going to seriously weigh the cons of stepping into the middle of an altercation between two people I don't know. Not worth taking a bad beating or worst simply because you were trying to do, what in your mind, was the right thing.

I have stepped in between a bum and a woman he was chasing after but that's because I was 96% confident I had the upper hand were it to turn physical.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Saw and learned this the hard way.......never try to stop a fight between two women.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Ghetto African American equals murderer? If YOU are black and live in the ghetto [Woodlawn], I wonder if that makes YOU a murderer. I doubt if you're a murderer, but I believe that's how others, as well as myself, perceived your statement [highlighted above].

Also, I wasn't going to respond to what you said [highlighted above] until Prost was like... That's why I responded by posting, CSS is generalizing. Because, as we all know, every African American from the ghetto is not a murderer - including yourself.

Maybe we [Prost and I] are not hearing you correctly. If so, I apologize, but would love to understand what you really meant.

God bless.

It still amazes me when people can't seem to comprehend the most simple of things. I'll try to simplfy it further for you. Every city in this country with a large, poor, American-born black population has a high murder rate. Almost all of them live in the ghetto. Does that mean that everyone that lives in the ghetto is a murderer? Of course not. I thought that was obvious enough not to have it spelled out. And, yes, I live in the hood. I don't make the big bucks like you probably do.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenickels View Post
Over a period of 100 years of Chicago's history the city was held in a strangle hold for approximately half a century by a racist, anti black Irish clan of corrupt politicians. The consequence was massive segregation, and racial discrimination against blacks which ultimately caused mass joblessness and a huge miseducated population of people. Blacks in Chicago are well into their fourth generation as victims of various local injustices and outright human rights abuses....Let me stop...'bout to run on.
This may be true but at the end of the day there's no such thing as fairness in this world. There's no right and wrong. There's only action and consequence.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,392,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago south sider View Post
this may be true but at the end of the day there's no such thing as fairness in this world. There's no right and wrong. There's only action and consequence.
+1

Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Is Chicagomeo related to Rush Limbaugh?
Nearly identical mindset, it would appear, but Rush is at least entertaining. Can't say that so much for this guy.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Telling me to take a literary course doesn't make me wrong.
No, but your being wrong lead to you being told to take a literacy course. It appears a logic course wouldn't hurt, either.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,883,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Blame it on the Irish, how Waspy.
We're apparently criminal masterminds to beat the band.

How else do you explain how an island the size of Indiana, while under military occupation (not to mentioned being literally starved to death), managed to conquer an American metropolitan area an ocean + half-continent away!

And the people here hate us so much they keep re-electing people with Irish names, even though it's not Irish people doing the electing, as the Irish have at best been 20% of the City's population back in the mid-1800s, and were massively outnumbered by the other white ethnic groups such as the Germans.

I think Chicagoans just love, love, love having the Irish as their scapegoat. Beats looking in the mirror and taking ownership for the issues in your own community.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I think Chicagoans just love, love, love having the Irish as their scapegoat. Beats looking in the mirror and taking ownership for the issues in your own community.
I don't think most Chicagoans in 2013 think about the Irish outside of St. Patrick's Day celebrations each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago