Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Part of it is techniques used by the police forces in NYC and LA, and part of it is due to things that are probably too sensitive to discuss on this forum.
Too sensitive to discuss, huh? Chicago has a much larger percentage of ghetto African Americans. That's why the murder rate is much higher here. There, I said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM

285 posts, read 386,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Too sensitive to discuss, huh? Chicago has a much larger percentage of ghetto African Americans. That's why the murder rate is much higher here. There, I said it.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,580,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
So, who are these thugs in Lakeview? Where are they coming from (since everyone says Lakeview is very expensive, I wouldn't expect "thugs" to be able to pay the rent)? And why is Lakeview a hangout spot?

Do you Lakeview residents have any relationship with your local police officers, to the point where you could ask them who these guys are? Are the cops stopping to talk with them, to find out who these "thugs" are?
They come in part because the Center of Halsted has (inadvertently) drawn some in, because their own neighborhoods are so crappy they need somewhere to hang, because the Lakeview people often won't/can't fight back as opposed to the thugs in their own neighborhods (nothing jeopardizes a law degree like getting arrested for a fight, however justified, not to mention civil suits), and because they're bored. It's like flies to honey.

And the cops' hands are tied because of the city's leaders' and voters' gleeful screams of racism the moment any prevention (or reaction) occurs. "How dare you arrest my boy. That's RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST" even if your boy has been screaming obscenities at women and not letting people walk by without bumping into them hard.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:29 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
They come in part because the Center of Halsted has (inadvertently) drawn some in, because their own neighborhoods are so crappy they need somewhere to hang, because the Lakeview people often won't/can't fight back as opposed to the thugs in their own neighborhods (nothing jeopardizes a law degree like getting arrested for a fight, however justified, not to mention civil suits), and because they're bored. It's like flies to honey.

And the cops' hands are tied because of the city's leaders' and voters' gleeful screams of racism the moment any prevention (or reaction) occurs. "How dare you arrest my boy. That's RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST" even if your boy has been screaming obscenities at women and not letting people walk by without bumping into them hard.
It's just bullying behavior. You're not going to do anything and they know you're not going to do anything.

Not that you are cowardly, but because anyone with an IQ of more than 40 doesn't want to end up stabbed in the gut by some cross-eyed freak who places no value on human life, including his own.

Given that there is not much you can really do about it unless you are actually willing to get into a physical confrontation with every idiotic knuckle dragger in the city, at which point you better start practicing conceal and carry.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
Relax - he's only "generalizing".

Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post

That is why some police do not pursue people because they will be accused of racial profiling and racism, and some parent of an idiot thug will press charges against the officer. Used to be they could go up to people that they suspected are about to do something wrong, but nowadays with the freakin POLICITICALLY CORRECTNESS, and lawyers to sue, and the entitlement of some of these welfare suckers and low information voters and the obama worshippers, this is why some police might be wary of doing their job as they ought to be.

And the stupid women who begin these cat fights, thanks to their fine examples on TV of reality tv where it is fashionable to do these cat fights, often beating each other because of some stupid crap like one called them a ***** or said something about "your momma" or "you stole MY man!" or some crap like that.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
So, who are these thugs in Lakeview? Where are they coming from (since everyone says Lakeview is very expensive, I wouldn't expect "thugs" to be able to pay the rent)? And why is Lakeview a hangout spot?

Do you Lakeview residents have any relationship with your local police officers, to the point where you could ask them who these guys are? Are the cops stopping to talk with them, to find out who these "thugs" are?
These thugs are people who are bitter that they live in a crap environment/neighborhood and coming to a nice beautiful pretty area is just too tempting, for they have to ruin everything they get their hands on, its the mentality of people who have no morals, no respect, they physically attack their teachers, they might even cut school regularly, dont give a care, they think its cool to be bad, they have bad examples in music heros who are no better role model than they are, they walk the streets, ride the el, out of boredom, looking for new territories to conquor and turn it into thier own neighborhood if they can, and they think its cool or 'waht a big man they are" to destroy property, safety etc of the neighborhood, they dont have a job, or they haven't learned decency, they may not have a father to lead them, and show them what a real mean mean, or they are woman whos mother didn't teach them how to be a real woman - and that does not mean a female with big boobs makes you womanly - no they just dont give a rats patootey, and they think it is just so much fun to destroy. Their heros are often shown on tv getting arrested, getting drunk or high, beating their own spouses, and then they see the talk shows like Maury where the girl doesn't even know if Guy #1 to #6 are their baby daddy, and then they scream and beat each other over this loser who cheers when he realizes he's not the daddy, and these are the role models for these thuggs who invade beautiful Lakeview and elsewhere.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Relax - he's only "generalizing".
I'm only stating irrefutable facts. And just in case I have to spell it out, what I said has nothing to do with race. It's a cultural thing within a certain segment of people.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:11 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
That is why some police do not pursue people because they will be accused of racial profiling and racism, and some parent of an idiot thug will press charges against the officer. Used to be they could go up to people that they suspected are about to do something wrong, but nowadays with the freakin POLICITICALLY CORRECTNESS, and lawyers to sue, and the entitlement of some of these welfare suckers and low information voters and the obama worshippers, this is why some police might be wary of doing their job as they ought to be.

And the stupid women who begin these cat fights, thanks to their fine examples on TV of reality tv where it is fashionable to do these cat fights, often beating each other because of some stupid crap like one called them a ***** or said something about "your momma" or "you stole MY man!" or some crap like that.
You have no idea of what your writing about!

Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You have no idea of what your writing about!
Ah! I knew you would say that. But I do know exactly what I am talking about, I get this from people who know this as a fact.

If you do not agree, then please tell me why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago