Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
Visiting and living in NYC are come tell different.
I'm sure that is the case. I'm just not sure what part of NYC life can be that much more stressful than most other cities, outside of housing or if you had a job that you HAD to drive for. I guess other issues would depend on the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM

2,421 posts, read 4,319,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm sure that is the case. I'm just not sure what part of NYC life can be that much more stressful than most other cities, outside of housing or if you had a job that you HAD to drive for. I guess other issues would depend on the person.
No NYC is more stressful. Simply the COL puts so much more financial pressure and stress. That alone is enough to go on. I mean compare the financial stresses one experiences in NYC or SF compared to Houston or Denver. I got offered a job in NYC but rejected because wasn't interested in living like a poor person. 60k will give you a comfortable life as a single in Chicago, in NYC not so much.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM

778 posts, read 998,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carson View Post
Women- Flat out...women in New York blow Chicago out of the ****in water. I am still in total disbelief of how many gorgeous women I witnessed in a 2 week period, unbelievable. Where Chicago has many pretty caucasian women, average hispanic women, and ok looking black women... NY has GORGEOUS women of all ethnic groups (Jamaican, Dominican, Puerto Rican, Belize, Black, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, European) with fairly decent attitudes. The hispanic women in NY will make one file for divorce and rethink his life plan. And I couldnt get enough of those Italian gals from Staten and Jersey...mm mmmm

Racism/prejudice- Now this is the reason I am ready to abandon this city. Throughout my visit to New York, I for once in my life felt like a man and not a "black man"....catch my drift. In Chicago, racism and prejudgement is par for the course, you WILL be judged by race and being that the bulk of the Chicago population are really transplants from suburban Chicago and other midwest cities most of the non-black people have never dealt with black people before moving here, therefore you get treated according to their cultural ignorance. Chicago is a "white" city and you are reminded of it every single day. Where as New York is a world city, there is no one ethnic group that has dominant influence. In Chicago if you arent a "Chad/Trixie" or a yuppie you get no respect, there is a low tolerance for differences in this city. But the New York caucasians completely changed my attitude towards white people, they are ****in REAL, down to earth, and truly sincere!!! They have a respect for black culture and can hold a converstion about hip-hop with the best of them. No pretentious midwest racist bull****. The black people in New York are intelligent, aware, and have a sense of worldliness to them unlike the Chicago blacks who are either ghetto/ignorant or poser wannabe buppies who are really a little ghetto deep down but close minded nevertheless. I blame most of this on the segregation of the communities. Enough of this cities disgust.

Food-New York has great restaurants all across the board from fine dining to corner vendors. The NY hotdog imo is superior to the Chicago hotdog and the fact that you can still get one on any corner Manhattan makes it a winner in my book. But the thing that make NY better than Chicago foodwise is the fact that you can find a variety of mom and pop kind of delis and mini restaurants all over of different ethnicities, where in Chicago all we seem to have is franchises all over 6000 Subways and Chipotles with nothing to balance it out.

Shopping- LMAO!!!!!Soho alone blows out Chicago as a whole...just my opinion.

Housing- New York has a modern feel where as Chi Town is old and the forefront old.

Did I mention women? Yea I did, what the hell...those NY women are definitely worth another go. And there all over unlike Chicago where you may see a beautiful one every 20 minutes downtown, NO they are all over the ****ing place and on every corner.

The best thing about NY is that people dont ****ing constantly judge your every move and you feel a sense of freedom because nobody really gives a ****. whereas Chicago if you do, say or wear what people consider "wrong" you will be rejected/shunned.

So thats my asessment of NY. Final analysis......New York is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better city than Rahm's Cow we know as Chicago.

Nothing more overrated/overstated than this.

In the time I lived in NYC, I was extremely unimpressed with the women, granted, im really only attracted to two types, and within those types, nothing that great.

In fact, I always notice how much better the women look when I leave NYC.

On top of that, im willing to bet the majority of them werent even from NYC to begin with. Something about that transient population. Not sure..

A place where I always see attractive women? Minneapolis/St Paul. Maybe its all the Scandinavian ancestry.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
And I couldnt get enough of those Italian gals from Staten and Jersey...mm mmmm

Didnt even notice this.

Enjoy dealing with them, boss.

As someone who is part Italian American and from NY, I cant ****ing stand them.

Quote:
Food-New York has great restaurants all across the board from fine dining to corner vendors. The NY hotdog imo is superior to the Chicago hotdog and the fact that you can still get one on any corner Manhattan makes it a winner in my book. But the thing that make NY better than Chicago foodwise is the fact that you can find a variety of mom and pop kind of delis and mini restaurants all over of different ethnicities, where in Chicago all we seem to have is franchises all over 6000 Subways and Chipotles with nothing to balance it out.
I wasnt aware you ate at every single restaurant in NYC during your whole two weeks. Thats impressive.

Judging by your entire post, its clear you have an outsiders view of NYC and have never actually lived there. Your entire head is filled with fantasy.

and you think NYC is more modern than Chicago?.......

Some people just love drinking that NYC Kool-Aid. Maybe its just me, but I was raised to be practical and see things for what they are. Its an amazing city, im glad to have family there and raised near it/what not, but please.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM

140 posts, read 183,484 times
Quote:
Everyone I know from this city is so proud of it, why I have no clue? Here is a list of reasons why you people dont realize you look stupid for defending Chicago:
1. The murder rate is sky high in the black communities, and the police force doesnt give a **** because well...............its in the black communities.

2. Chicago is SUPER segregated....and the black people all live in the worst area of the city. Enough said.

3. A large majority of white people in Chicago are EXTREMELY racist, closet racism is a Chicago staple. Most of them arent even from here and never dealt with blacks in there life until they moved here in there 20's.

4. Black men in Chicago have absolutely no leverage, thus the crime rate is out of control.

5. The education system is in the ****ter. The average black person in Chicago talks and thinks on an elementary school level. Ebonics is the native tongue of the south and west side....and its acceptable. SMH!!

6.The systematic blackballing to keep blacks in "there place" makes me want to scream.

7. Daley was the biggest corrupt racist you can find who ripped off taxpayers every chance he got to fund his racket. he didn't give a **** about the south or west side......his only concerns were downtown, northside, and the ****ing Olympics

I could go on and on and on but you know what Im gonna let you blind bats enjoy your "paradise".

But hey keep holding up that southside and westside flag people, LOL!!
I agree with Mr Carson.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Everyone I know from this city is so proud of it, why I have no clue? Here is a list of reasons why you people dont realize you look stupid for defending Chicago:
1. The murder rate is sky high in the black communities, and the police force doesnt give a **** because well...............its in the black communities.

2. Chicago is SUPER segregated....and the black people all live in the worst area of the city. Enough said.

3. A large majority of white people in Chicago are EXTREMELY racist, closet racism is a Chicago staple. Most of them arent even from here and never dealt with blacks in there life until they moved here in there 20's.

4. Black men in Chicago have absolutely no leverage, thus the crime rate is out of control.

5. The education system is in the ****ter. The average black person in Chicago talks and thinks on an elementary school level. Ebonics is the native tongue of the south and west side....and its acceptable. SMH!!

6.The systematic blackballing to keep blacks in "there place" makes me want to scream.

7. Daley was the biggest corrupt racist you can find who ripped off taxpayers every chance he got to fund his racket. he didn't give a **** about the south or west side......his only concerns were downtown, northside, and the ****ing Olympics

I could go on and on and on but you know what Im gonna let you blind bats enjoy your "paradise".

But hey keep holding up that southside and westside flag people, LOL!!

Dude, im from the Northeast. Racism and segregation are just as rampant, if not moreso. Education system in NY is ****ed as well. Quite a few friends of mine are teachers in the city. Hell, I looked into teaching there myself.

This is ****ing hilarious, that you think NYC is some sort of promiseland that is opposite of Chicago in these areas.

Take your pick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...sauSuffolk_New

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011...-census-facts/

http://www.salon.com/2011/03/29/most_segregated_cities/

etc. etc.

Last edited by Heyooooo; 01-21-2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Your best bet to finding the most integrated city in America is a place called Sacramento out west in California.

If you really think an African American male would have it much better in NYC than in Chicago, be my guest, but most AA friends from NYC that I knew left for the South, and they were from Brooklyn and Queens mostly.

Noted in this article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/ny...anted=all&_r=0

Quote:
Some blacks say they are leaving not only to find jobs, but also because they have soured on race relations.
Candace Wilkins, 27, of St. Albans, who remains unemployed despite having a business degree, plans to move to Charlotte, N.C.
She said her decision was prompted by an altercation with the police.
In March 2010, witnesses say, Ms. Wilkins was thrown against a car by a white police officer after she tried to help a black neighbor who was being questioned. She was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, according to the Queens district attorney’s office.
Ms. Wilkins disputes the charges, which are pending, and has filed a complaint against the police. A police spokeswoman said the department was investigating her complaint.
“Life has gone full circle,” said Ms. Wilkins, whose grandmother was born amid the cotton fields of North Carolina and moved to Queens in the 1950s.
“My grandmother’s generation left the South and came to the North to escape segregation and racism,” she said. “Now, I am going back because New York has become like the old South in its racial attitudes.”

Go to Atlanta. You dont have six figures to make it in NYC anyway.

Last edited by Heyooooo; 01-21-2013 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM

Take it from me. NYC is still very much run by white billionaire/millionaires. Its extremely provincial and traditionally white-centric hierarchy, segregated and racist, regardless of you sipping the diversity Kool-Aid. Very much about who you know.

Boston (especially) and Philly are the same way.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Plz chicago blacks are ****ing ghetto ass morons who don't know how to leave! There nothing compared to their NYC counterparts ! Hahahahahaha such a ridiculous statement about NYC being more racist!

Blind fanaticism. IVE LIVED IN NEWARK AND NYC.

You really have no idea what youre talking about. Like ive said, keep drinking that ****ing Kool-Aid fella.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1844166...used-of-racism

Ever been to LI?

http://gothamist.com/2012/12/02/afri...laim_racis.php

How about racist subway ads?

http://www.workers.org/2012/10/17/ny...s-more-racism/

Youd love the NYPD....

http://www.alternet.org/story/155405...ar_in_new_york

Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM

"Nah bro! Its New York! I watch movies man! I know what its like!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago