Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
With that being said, I heard it's easier to get laid in Chicago than it is in NYC. Is this true?
Go to the north burbs in Chi, Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park. You're going to get laid if you're there. Chicks are usually drunk (especially during baseball season).

Not really sure about NYC tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,580,658 times
News to me if that's true.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
With that being said, I heard it's easier to get laid in Chicago than it is in NYC. Is this true?
The op did want to know if Chicago was as stressfull as NYC or is it more laid back. I would guess if it was more laid back then we would know the answer to your question. Then again every persons experience will be differant. Many will get stressed and many will get laid. Chances are if your having problems now moving to Chicago won't change things for you. You may find that you are just as stressed in Chicago as anywhere else.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The op did want to know if Chicago was as stressfull as NYC or is it more laid back. I would guess if it was more laid back then we would know the answer to your question. Then again every persons experience will be differant. Many will get stressed and many will get laid. Chances are if your having problems now moving to Chicago won't change things for you. You may find that you are just as stressed in Chicago as anywhere else.
My experience (as a gay man) was that it was a lot easier to get laid in Chicago than when I lived in Cleveland.

I have no idea how NYC compares in that aspect, however, as I've never lived there.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,062,483 times
Quote:
Really just depends I think. If you are looking for a model-esque girl, it's probably similar to NYC. It's competitive for the creme of the crop. If you're ok with something a bit more average (but still attractive) it's might be easier.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 PM

778 posts, read 998,436 times
I think it is.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyooooo View Post
When you see Chicago, you will be ****ing amazed at how clean it is. Especially for a city of nearly 3 million.

Guaranteeing this, right now.

NYC and especially Philly are dirty as ****.
One thing most cities have done is clean-up its CBD in terms of street litter etc. Washington, DC is very clean as is Cleveland. Philly is working on it and has cleaned-up considerably as NYC has done. NYC and Philly are older cities and have some grit in the CBD. I kinda like many of the side-streets in Center City Philly; narrow, one-ways with unique stores and shops. Chicago cannot claim to be the "cleanest" big city.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,391,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyooooo View Post
I think it is.
Have you lived in Chicago? I have lived in both NYC and Chicago and I find Chicago to be one of the least stressful big cities in the country.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM

778 posts, read 998,436 times

Refer to posts #260-265.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
One thing most cities have done is clean-up its CBD in terms of street litter etc. Washington, DC is very clean as is Cleveland. Philly is working on it and has cleaned-up considerably as NYC has done. NYC and Philly are older cities and have some grit in the CBD. I kinda like many of the side-streets in Center City Philly; narrow, one-ways with unique stores and shops. Chicago cannot claim to be the "cleanest" big city.
Not sure if it's the absolute cleanest big city in the US, but look at any recent list of the dirtiest cities (might have been referenced by another poster a few pages back) and Chicago is almost never on the lists but NYC, DC, San Fran, etc are almost always on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago