Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM

483 posts, read 1,222,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Not everyone drinks responsibly, drives responsibly, or is responsible in general concerning other aspects of their lives.

That doesn't mean the federal government deems these activities illegal.

The issue is personal irresponsibility. Don't punish those who have their "sh*t" together because a few do not.
This is true. I'm all for it. I also know this topic has been done once if not a few times in this forum already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Quote:
It means that your grandson and others should make better choices or that someone should report him/others for child endangerment if they feel there is a threat to the child's health and well being.
100% concur.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
What employees?

Why would there suddenly be a need for more employees on a dramatic scale if available places such as convenience stores and gas stations (both of which currently sell federally regulated tobacco and alcohol) begin to sell marijuana as well?
Medicine at a gas station?... yeah right. Imagine the law suits. They're gonna need doctors to prescribe it, and dispensaries with trained workers.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-22-2012 at 08:23 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Medical or not, there's a huge population out there who smoke pot from time to time and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.
That "demand" is the very reason for the supply.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Medicine at a gas station?... yeah right. Imagine the law suits. They're gonna need doctors to prescribe it, and dispensaries with trained workers.
You misunderstand. The topic is about medical marijuana. My argument is that full legalization with regulation fixes both issues relating to medicinal and recreational use as both groups now have a legal, taxable source of marijuana. Either way, people use marijuana. Why fight one group, the recreational, when the medicinal also benefit from full legalization? Problem solved.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 AM

521 posts, read 467,170 times
It's illegal. I own an apartment building with many units. If anyone is caught smoking marijuana on the premises they will receive an eviction notice.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:21 AM

674 posts, read 1,055,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
It's illegal. I own an apartment building with many units. If anyone is caught smoking marijuana on the premises they will receive an eviction notice.
So is jaywalking. About as harmful as well. Actually, strike that. In Chicago you're definitely more likely to be killed by jaywalking than you are by smoking marijuana.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Too many employees to hire, and law suits to deal with. Not to mention, the revenue that would be lost from drug busts.
This and all the profit lost to gangs dealing.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM

417 posts, read 365,777 times
My experience with marijuana and people that smoke it is all the dumb "potheads" were dumb before they started smoking pot. It isn't like you have this population of intelligent teenagers who aced all their quizzes in tests in the eighth grade but as soon as they found pot in high school they all of a sudden became stupid.

No, drugs attract stupid people.

Drugs also attract intelligent people, people who just want to destress, something pot does very well. So does alcohol.

I've smoked in the past, I no longer do, probably never will again even if it was legalized because I'm a runner. I know med students who smoke it, professionals, accountants, students studying for masters degrees, and I know dumb people who smoke it as well.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
^Most of the true geniuses I've known have been potheads.

I do not profess to be a genius, but a relatively intelligent, well functioning human and I smoke pot. My father was an alcoholic who killed himself at 53 years old -- I do not think alcohol should be illegal because my father -- and millions of others -- couldn't use it responsibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago