Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:46 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,521,355 times

Advertisements

Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Boozer and now Rip Hamilton and the rest of the Bulls are already looking like a potentially championship worthy team. The season opener against the Lakers was just a great game, and proved that the Bulls can go strong the whole game. Rip Hamilton will fill a nice void that we had as perimeter player and yet another shooting option. What are your thoughts on this years Bulls' team? We have a long way to go until June, but the chase starts now. Discuss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 12:59 PM

40 posts, read 148,035 times
The bulls failed at the 3rd and first half of the 4th quarter. Totally unacceptable. Not to mention the miss free throws.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:18 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Yeah.
The game was great simply because of the last second winning shot.

But the bulls effin sucked.

Hopefully it was rustiness, a fluke, or just the fact that they didn't have time to form chemistry from the lockout.

But this should of been an easier win.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:56 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
Yeah they almost threw this game away, but Luol Deng & Derrick Rose salvaged it in a shocking ending there. Very tough to watch 2nd half, but hey, WE'LL TAKE THE WIN!

I think the Bulls are ALMOST there, but after watching the Miami Heat demolish the crumbling Dallas Mavs yesterday, I think we still have quite the hurdle in toppling the Heat once the Playoffs come around.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
A lot of sloppy basketball was played all day yesterday, and expect to see more the rest of this truncated season, with more back-to-backs and 4 games in 5 nights etc. But the bulls are still one of the premiere teams in the league and have an elite defense and the reigning MVP. They'll be good.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Yesterday was a bit too sloppy, not to mention all the boneheaded turnovers. At least they got the W. The Bulls are one of if not the best defensives teams esp. when it comes to holding their opponents to low scores. I they had another pure scorer and did a better job with defensive rebouding, they would BLOW the competition away.

mas23

Old 12-26-2011, 11:03 PM

Still played sucky.

Came back to a winnable score the last minute again but no miracles happened this time.

Bulls have sucked.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:10 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
The Bulls just got seriously exposed by the Golden State Warriors & this time any last second runs they made were not enough to get the win. It's clear that we need a scorer real bad. I say let's buy out JR Smith & bring him back here from China (I don't care how big of a head case he is)! At this rate, there is NO WAY that we beat the Miami Heat.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,950,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Boozer and now Rip Hamilton and the rest of the Bulls are already looking like a potentially championship worthy team. The season opener against the Lakers was just a great game, and proved that the Bulls can go strong the whole game. Rip Hamilton will fill a nice void that we had as perimeter player and yet another shooting option. What are your thoughts on this years Bulls' team? We have a long way to go until June, but the chase starts now. Discuss!

I'm not a bulls fan, but I would hardly call the lakers game a great game, and the bulls did not go strong the whole game. As others have said, the bulls need another scorer.

Just curious how you became a bulls fan being from Pitt.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Derrick says he’s going back to being Derrick.

“I think in the first quarter I’ve got to establish myself a little bit more,” said the reigning league MVP who aside from that wonderful game saving floater against the Lakers Christmas Day hasn’t been very valuable at all as the Bulls were bludgeoned 99-91 by the Golden State Warriors Monday. “I see that being laid back is just not doing it. I think both games in the first quarter I shot the ball just one or two times (one of four total and zero free throws). I see that approach is not working. So next game I’ve got to change it up.”

He was being very passive until the last quarter and he admits it.

They where testing new waters by seeing how well the team can score with rose doing minimal work.

They kept up but not good enough.

These two games could have easily been blow outs if rose did some****.

But he'll be back in full force Thursday. yeeee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago