Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:15 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,416,599 times

Advertisements

Soooo, what do you all think? Are the Bears Super Bowl bound? Not if Rex is in there, thats for sure.

The way I see it is, there is a 70% chance we'll make it to the bowl. If we have to face Philly, its gonna be a really great game, but I think we can take em. That is if we start Griese instead.

As for the Bowl itself? Not a chance in the world we can beat the AFC this year. Maybe Indy or NE, but if we had to face San Diego? Nuh-uh. Aint gonna happen.

But with that being said, Im still rootin for my Bears. I still feel confident seeing Urlacher, Berrian, Benson, Hester, etc. out on that field in blue and orange.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by linicx; 01-09-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Soooo, what do you all think? Are the Bears Super Bowl bound? Not if Rex is in there, thats for sure.

The way I see it is, there is a 70% chance we'll make it to the bowl. If we have to face Philly, its gonna be a really great game, but I think we can take em. That is if we start Griese instead.

As for the Bowl itself? Not a chance in the world we can beat the AFC this year. Maybe Indy or NE, but if we had to face San Diego? Nuh-uh. Aint gonna happen.

But with that being said, Im still rootin for my Bears. I still feel confident seeing Urlacher, Berrian, Benson, Hester, etc. out on that field in blue and orange.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking it will be much like the last two times they made the playoffs this decade: when the face a real team and the pressure is on, they'll lose. Once again, their record seems a bit misleading. Yeh, they beat some solid teams like the Giants and the Seahawks, and hung in there with the Patriots. But if they were really a Superbowl-caliber team, they should have destroyed teams that they barely squeeked by (Cardinals, Vikings, Detroit) or teams they lost to (Miami, Green Bay). This team has coasted on the strength of the defense for several years now, and teams are now starting to figure out how to pick it apart. It's still an excellent defense but it's starting to become vulnerable. And obviously we just don't have the leadership and good decision-making at QB either. What I saw of Griese in the Packers game doesn't give me much comfort that he could do much better than Rex.

But one thing I think we need to keep into perspective is that, for all intents and purposes, Rex is a rookie QB. This is the first time he got to play all season. He started a total of, what, 5 or 6 games his whole career before this season? I think under the circumstances he has done well this season and showed some promise. I think he has potential to be a really solid QB over the next couple years.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 AM

I agree. Rex is still a rookie, but his 0.00 rating last week is just unexcusable. And yes, the defense (and special teams) has been the only thing holding the team together. As far as people figuring them out, I believe Leinart and the Cardinals were the first to exploit it, and they did a good job. But thanks to our defense (and Hester again) we won the game. Ill never forget the look on Edgerrin James' face when Urlacher stripped him of the ball in the 4th quarter which we returned for a touchdown. LOLOLOL

Last weeks debacle only proved even more that Rex is incapable. As far as Brian Griese? Hes only played what? 1/2 a quarter? They never give him any snaps and from what I hear its the same in practice. He has kind of an excuse for his performance. I can almost guarantee that if hed started all year, hed probably be one of the best QBs in the NFC, no doubt in my mind. Hes much more composed in the pocket under pressure than Gross-man is. But youre correct! We should have dominated Detroit, GB, and the Vikings, but we barely eeked by. What was really sad is we almost lost to Detroit and Arizona. Thats not a good sign. We're lucky we earned a first round bi, or else we'd end up like we did last year against Carolina.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:12 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,547 times
Thumbs up Looks like the Bears are going to do the Superbowl Shuffle!

Congrats to the Chicago Bears- a great great game. It looked pretty questionable for a moment but they pulled it out. Must be nice to be in Chicago tonight!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Congrats Lovie!!!!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
Welp, I suppose I've never been so glad to eat crow.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:38 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,093,884 times
Quite nice. I need to get ahold that old 45 of the 'superbowl shuffle' that is at my mother's house that I bought with my sister in 1985 (this might be problematic as my sister seems to think it is hers and my brother somehow has it in his head we bought it for him .

Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 PM

It still doesnt seem real to me. Ive waited 20 years for this, and now that its here it seems like a dream. Major congrats to Lovie and his staff. Im gonna hate seeing Rivera go. Oh well, I just hope they trounce Indy, but Manning worries me. Either way it should be a killer Bowl.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/1004.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,748,087 times
Bearssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,547 times
While I am a devout Patriots fan, I'm sincerely happy for both franchises. It's going to be a great game of a great defense (the Bears) and a great offense (the Colts).

The Superbowl Shuffle wa soooo corny it was good . McManhon and the sunglasses and the "frig"...1985 was a great year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago