Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,426,825 times

Advertisements

Anyone else as excited as I am? Best Bulls team since the Jordan era by far. Top record in the league. Very unselfish cast of players anchored by Derrick Rose (along with Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, etc.) and intense coach Tom Thibodeau. What's not to like about this team? Discuss...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:38 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,517,130 times
I'm excited!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 PM

863 posts, read 2,787,587 times
Wow. Great finish.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:05 PM

I forgot to mention Luol Deng. Another key piece of the puzzle. I was surprised at how the Pacers lead most of the game today (thought we would blow them out). Indy's squad was shooting lights out for most of the game. Thank goodness we pulled it together in the end and came out with the win.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,293,311 times
I still have my doubts about being able to handle the Celtics in the post-season but you can't deny the depth of this team is astounding.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 PM

I think we'd actually have the edge on the Celtics this time around. Reasons being that our team is more stacked than before plus we're younger than the aging Celts. But most importantly the Celtics management messed up big time when they gave away one of their most effective big men (Kendrick Perkins) to the Oklahoma City Thunder without getting much in return. The Celtics star point guard Rajon Rondo has been playing very crappy lately, and he's no match for the present-day Chicago legend & soon to be MVP Derrick Rose. Rose will take us to the promised land very soon if not this year. Watch for the Oklahoma City Thunder meanwhile to shock a lotta folks in the Western Conference. They may even take down the Lakers.

Believe it or not, the Bulls's toughest nemesis in the East this time around might be the reviled Miami Heat. Even though the Bulls are still the deeper team, that starting Heat unit (anchored by Lebron James, Dwyane Wade & Chris Bosh) as we know is outstanding when they want to play. They play good defense much like the Bulls. They weren't always motivated during the regular season & their coach (Spoelstra) is nowhere near as good as the Bulls coach Thibodeau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I still have my doubts about being able to handle the Celtics in the post-season but you can't deny the depth of this team is astounding.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:18 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,500,574 times
No reason the Bulls can't get through the East. I saw a lot that I did not like in game one today, but it is all fixable. They took the Pacers best punch, and came out with a W.

I think this team is a lock for the ECF, and should be favored vs the Celtics, I'd be more worried about the Heat, even though we went 3-0 vs them in the regular season.

D Rose amazed again tonight down in the closing minutes. For the Bulls to close that game out on a 16-1 run, after being behind the entire game (literally, they were never ahead until 102-99) is remarkable.

Go Bulls.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:40 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,210,903 times
Bulls played bad.
Pacers played good.

They still lost.

That was probably the best the pacers could do.

If the Bulls play Good instead of bad... we can pass them no problem.

I'm not thinking of the future opponents yet...

Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM

I could see the OKC Thunder taking down the Lakers and proceeding to face Chicago in the Finals. Two young teams with plenty of depth and weapons at multiple positions. Not to mention similar, unselfish personalities anchoring the teams (Derrick Rose for Chicago & Kevin Durant for the OKC Thunder). Those two plus Russell Westbrook (OKC Thunder) were teammates for Team USA in last summer's FIBA tourney. I know this is a crazy prediction, but I'm basically agreeing with another guy's expert prediction from a forum. The Lakers don't have the hunger they once had and they're pretty banged up lately. The Spurs are definitely banged up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
No reason the Bulls can't get through the East. I saw a lot that I did not like in game one today, but it is all fixable. They took the Pacers best punch, and came out with a W.

I think this team is a lock for the ECF, and should be favored vs the Celtics, I'd be more worried about the Heat, even though we went 3-0 vs them in the regular season.

D Rose amazed again tonight down in the closing minutes. For the Bulls to close that game out on a 16-1 run, after being behind the entire game (literally, they were never ahead until 102-99) is remarkable.

Go Bulls.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,346,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I could see the OKC Thunder taking down the Lakers and proceeding to face Chicago in the Finals. Two young teams with plenty of depth and weapons at multiple positions. Not to mention similar, unselfish personalities anchoring the teams (Derrick Rose for Chicago & Kevin Durant for the OKC Thunder). Those two plus Russell Westbrook (OKC Thunder) were teammates for Team USA in last summer's FIBA tourney. I know this is a crazy prediction, but I'm basically agreeing with another guy's expert prediction from a forum. The Lakers don't have the hunger they once had and they're pretty banged up lately. The Spurs are definitely banged up.
I don't think the NBA will allow a "new" team to win so quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: