Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 AM

427 posts, read 463,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
but why is it that SOME of you guys are so opposed to Denver?
Like who?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'm not talking about what may be the best restaurant in Chicago. How often do you visit Alinea, once or twice in a month at most? I'm talking about the whole range where you can get great crepes, German, Polish, and just great bistro food as well as the unusual, and good old classic French loaded with butter. Of course Chicago has more good restaurants in the area than Denver; it's much bigger. But will you ever get to five hundred restaurants, or even one hundred? When I lived in the Denver area there were more good places than I could visit whether favorites or new ones.

At one time I traveled a good bit in both the US and Europe. I was always happy when I had to go to Columbus, OH because I knew I'd eat well. What about a Hot Brown in Louisville? Like gold, a good meal is where you find it.
You are misinformed then, Chicago wallops Denver. No contest. The Michelin guide only does 3 places in the United States. San Francisco and Wine Country, Chicago, and New York City.

Quote:
Sorry everybody, i didn't mean to make this into a "Chicago Vs Denver" thread. I just wanted to know what some difference and similarities were. I did't come here to here stuff I already know (Diversity, food, How Chi is a larger city).

As for dining, Chicago is way ahead, but the bigger the city is..I would think that the food should be way ahead. I mean, NYC is way ahead of Chicago, LA, Denver..etc in this regard...so saying there aren't as many dining option in Denver is pretty much just saying its a smaller city with all the dining options it needs. I wouldn't make sense to have 16,000 in the Denver ,etro..that would be silly and ridiculous!

I hope people don't get offended by this (Not trying to offend)..but why is it that SOME of you guys are so opposed to Denver? (Just wondering, not trying to be rude. And please don't use the "You asked what the difference was"..because it seems like something deeper.)
Just stop talking, you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Chicago and SF food scenes are regarded higher than LA for instance, how does that happen according to your "theory"? It's not about #'s... It is about QUALITY and #'s. What do you mean opposed to Denver? WTF... Paranoid much? There is no opposition. Why do you take anything personal. We just told you how it is, then you try to spin it in your direction saying Chicago is ONLY better b/c it's bigger, umm NO. Talk about passive aggressiveness, I for one, see right through that stuff. Denver doesn't even have the quality restaurants to begin with in miniscule numbers...THEY AREN'T THERE, PERIOD. Again, it's nothing to do with ulterior motives, or something deeper, or any of your paranoid theories you have because you don't like the posts you are seeing or are not matching up with some comparison you already had in mind in your head. We are telling you how it is, you and others are disagreeing and posting stuff which makes absolutely no sense and shows absolutely no insight into actuality. After that, we are correcting you because you are WRONG. Then we correct you, you whine and say we have some kind of hostility or something towards Denver. Also trust me, nobody here cares if you are being rude, or offensive, or apologetic before you make a statement. Just say whatever it is that's on your mind, nothing you are saying is profound, so why would it be rude? It is however wrong and misinformed, therefore we are going to correct you, choose to be whiny or reactionary if you want.

Last edited by grapico; 08-07-2011 at 07:44 AM..

Old 08-07-2011, 11:38 AM

928 posts, read 1,712,776 times
Quote:
This is what I've been waiting for! Thank you.
Seriously? That was what you were looking for? That there are pockets of liberals and good places to eat? What major city does this not describe? Seems like you WANT Chicago to be like Denver even though it isn't.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
You are misinformed then, Chicago wallops Denver. No contest. The Michelin guide only does 3 places in the United States. San Francisco and Wine Country, Chicago, and New York City.

Just stop talking, you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Chicago and SF food scenes are regarded higher than LA for instance, how does that happen according to your "theory"? It's not about #'s... It is about QUALITY and #'s. What do you mean opposed to Denver? WTF... Paranoid much? There is no opposition. Why do you take anything personal. We just told you how it is, then you try to spin it in your direction saying Chicago is ONLY better b/c it's bigger, umm NO. Talk about passive aggressiveness, I for one, see right through that stuff. Denver doesn't even have the quality restaurants to begin with in miniscule numbers...THEY AREN'T THERE, PERIOD. Again, it's nothing to do with ulterior motives, or something deeper, or any of your paranoid theories you have because you don't like the posts you are seeing or are not matching up with some comparison you already had in mind in your head. We are telling you how it is, you and others are disagreeing and posting stuff which makes absolutely no sense and shows absolutely no insight into actuality. After that, we are correcting you because you are WRONG. Then we correct you, you whine and say we have some kind of hostility or something towards Denver. Also trust me, nobody here cares if you are being rude, or offensive, or apologetic before you make a statement. Just say whatever it is that's on your mind, nothing you are saying is profound, so why would it be rude? It is however wrong and misinformed, therefore we are going to correct you, choose to be whiny or reactionary if you want.
Don't tell me to stop posting on a thread I made. I have never said Denver was better in any regard. I never said it was only because Chicago was larger that it was better. Don't make stuff up when i didn't type that. You call me taking things personal? Thats really a hypocritical thing to say, seeing as how your getting upset, and i'm not even stateing things about Denver are better. I was saying Denver has all it needs. I your acting like I made this into some competition.

Don't tell me that your "Correcting" me. I Never said anything was a fact. You say I make no sense? I'm not the opne putting words into you mouth. I'm not the one thats pretending like nothing is better than Denver. You although able to have an opinion (as well as I) aren't just try to state the differences...your trying to make Chicago seem better for no reason (I already know its better, so quit with that please).

I never said Denver had the quality of the restraunts in Chicago. Stop pretending that I did. If you can't read correctly, then don't comment.

You think I'm the only one being Defensive? I've seen many of your post...don't be a hypocrite.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Seriously? That was what you were looking for? That there are pockets of liberals and good places to eat? What major city does this not describe? Seems like you WANT Chicago to be like Denver even though it isn't.
No, i was looking for an awnser that wasn't backhanded or rude. This is by far the hardest fourm to get people to just simply give me a decent awnser. (Thats not trying to be rude, but its just the truth). And no, I don't want Denver to be like Chicago (or Vice versa). I want to know the Differences & similarities. Why is it so hard to to get a decent awnser? I wasn't disrespecting the city by asking what was the same. People on this fourm just seem to jump on people for every mistake they make.

To the Mods: If a mod sees this, can you please close this thread. Its goig nowhere, and theres to much arguing for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago