Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Thin crust? Garibaldi's or Lou Malnati's.

Thick? Giordano's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 PM

202 posts, read 271,037 times
Deep dish: Lou Malnati's

Thin crust: No one place's stands out as anything particularly unique to me.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
If you're up in Lake Forest (far North Shore suburbs), I'd put a vote in for Ferentino's Pizza. I've helped out with deliveries there from time to time so I guess I'm a bit biased. The current owners of Viccino's (Northfield, Glenview, Highland Park, Libertyville, etc.) basically bought a couple of their locations a long time ago from the owner of Ferentino's. I prefer Ferentino's a bit more than Viccino's for some reason as well. Piero, the owner of Ferentino's, is about to launch a new location in Winnetka called Marco Roma's. It should be pretty good! Ahhhh, let's not forget the great fat slices of deep dish pizza I've enjoyed late night from Wapagetti's in Mundelein (off of Route 60 / Townline Rd). Down in the city it's a tougher call as there are a LOT more pizza joints down there & the competition is a bit more stiff. Down there, I've enjoyed New York style pizza at this location (might be called Pizza Ria) right next to the North / Clybourn Red Line CTA train stop, and then I've also had awesome slices at this one joint that is walking distance from the Addison Red Line stop (Wrigleyville), and then there is one called Pizano's that I've enjoyed which is basically at State & Pearson (close to Chicago Ave), Water Tower area, etc. Then there are the usual players like Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Giordano's, etc. I think they're all quite good. Chicagoland is the best place in the world for deep dish, just like New York and its surrounding areas are the best for that excellent foldable thin slice. I hear that New Haven, Connecticut is known for a certain variation on the East Coast style of pizza, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
"Prissy" thin crust: Piece in Wicker Park

"Down-to-Earth" thin crust: Doreen's in Hegewisch

Deep Dish (I presume to mean stuffed): Calo in Andersonville

Old 07-31-2007, 01:49 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
Cool, hopefully I may get to try these some time. I love getting to taste authentic food wherever the locale is (Chicago or otherwise). I recall the first & only time I tasted actual Philly cheesesteak in South Philly @ Pat's Steakhouse.........it was mouth wateringly delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"Prissy" thin crust: Piece in Wicker Park

"Down-to-Earth" thin crust: Doreen's in Hegewisch

Deep Dish (I presume to mean stuffed): Calo in Andersonville

Old 07-31-2007, 08:18 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
Deep dish: Lou Malnati's

Thin crust: No one place's stands out as anything particularly unique to me.
Have you tried Lou's thin crust? Frickin awesome.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,750,636 times
Thin crust -- Fox's in Beverly

Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Thin: Aurelio's (var. locations), Villa Nova in Stickney, Roberto's Elmhurst, County Line Inn Elmhurst, Q's in Berkeley/Hillside, Home Run Inn, Chicago and Darien, gino's east (several locations), vito and Nick's, (several locations).

Deep dish: Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, Connie's, Gino's East.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 AM

404 posts, read 711,512 times
It doen't matter thin crust, thick crust, stuffed, or pan, anyone one I deliver would be the best.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 AM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,619,906 times
Deep Dish: Still think Uno's is the best (and no, not the chain you can eat at anywhere else). Best tomatoes/sauce ever.

Thin crust: Armand's in Elmwood Park

I think we'll take a break from "the best of" for a few weeks--pm me with any ideas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago