Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:00 PM

319 posts, read 1,250,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Shouldnt you be on the Cali boards talking about the anchovie/pineapple/ham/lettuce pizza GARBAGE that Californians seem to think is "good"?

East coast pizza is good, but not the best. If you like soggy dough, thin cheese, overloaded with sauce and dripping with orange grease, then East coast pizza is for you. Chicago's pizza is superior to NY's, its actually a meal.
isn't it based on preference? this seems like a silly thing to argue.

i wouldn't say chicago's pizza is superior. i'd like to try it - i loathe the idea of deep dish, but i'll try other varieties. i'm a new yorker so of course i'd want to find places that serve "new york style" pizza.

when is the last time you've had ny pizza and where did you have it?? there are some bad pizza joints, even here in nyc (see your colorful description above). ny pizza is totally a meal; i'm never left feeling hungry. but i guess it depends on one's appetite. but there is "east coast" pizza and then there is ny pizza. "east coast" is a tad broad. and brooklyn can kick the other areas' behinds, hands down. come on - it's one of the only things we get right out here. pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 02:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Typical negative mean-spirited Steve-O post, always putting down other places, and always trying to compare Chicago to them. Have you ever even lived in Chicago minus the "land?" Let me know when you get East of 294.
Let me get this straight? IM the mean-spirited and negative one? Hmmm, who has more rep points? And Im not the one who came on here, bashed our pizza. I only get "mean-spirited and negative" when people become hypocritical. Seriously, re-read your post and tell me it isnt negative. This is a best-CHICAGO-pizza, not best NY pizza thread. Just thought Id clue you in on that interesting tidbit.

Last edited by Steve-o; 07-26-2007 at 02:19 PM..

Old 07-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
isn't it based on preference? this seems like a silly thing to argue.

i wouldn't say chicago's pizza is superior. i'd like to try it - i loathe the idea of deep dish, but i'll try other varieties. i'm a new yorker so of course i'd want to find places that serve "new york style" pizza.

when is the last time you've had ny pizza and where did you have it?? there are some bad pizza joints, even here in nyc (see your colorful description above). ny pizza is totally a meal; i'm never left feeling hungry. but i guess it depends on one's appetite. but there is "east coast" pizza and then there is ny pizza. "east coast" is a tad broad. and brooklyn can kick the other areas' behinds, hands down. come on - it's one of the only things we get right out here. pizza.
Sure its based on preferance. However, painting a Ferrari bright pink might be someones preferance, but to afficionados, its an outright sin. Same as putting frickin pineapple or celery on a pizza... its just not right.

I love NY-style pizza actually, but I can eat 3/4 of a large pizza just to fill me up. When I go to Geno's, it takes 2 slices. Mmmm.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:19 PM

hey i'm willing to try chicago pizza, just not deep dish anything.

all i said was that east coast is a bit broad. not sure how other parts of the coast make pizza but i wouldn't venture to try them. because i'm picky. when in brooklyn, it's top notch. jersey too.

and if you are ever in brooklyn let me know - i can send you to a few places which will not disappoint and are most definitely full fledged meals.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
hey i'm willing to try chicago pizza, just not deep dish anything.

all i said was that east coast is a bit broad. not sure how other parts of the coast make pizza but i wouldn't venture to try them. because i'm picky. when in brooklyn, it's top notch. jersey too.

and if you are ever in brooklyn let me know - i can send you to a few places which will not disappoint and are most definitely full fledged meals.
Sounds good. I dont see myself back in NYC anytime soon though.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:25 PM

i dunno - i generally eat only 2 slices. i'm a girl after all. sheesh. you know carbs and all. lol. no actually i'm diabetic so i have my limits.

i'm italian. i wouldn't dream of pineapple, celery and all that junk. i like one slice plain, one slice sicilian. it's my "regular". lots of hot pepper and garlic.

yum. ok thank god it's almost 5. now i'm super hungry.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM

you should come to ny to check out some real hockey while you're at it but that's a different thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Typical negative mean-spirited Steve-O post, always putting down other places, and always trying to compare Chicago to them. Have you ever even lived in Chicago minus the "land?" Let me know when you get East of 294.
Blah blah blah. You're the one who just had to take the opportunity to respond to someone's Chicago-specific question to tell them you have to leave Chicago to get what they're looking for. Pot to Kettle: "BLACK!"

But since this thread is already well underway, I guess I'll add my two cents.

Best thin-crust: Piece

Best NY-style: Bacci

Best pan-style: Pequod's

Best Chicago-style stuffed: Calo

Sorry to hear you don't like Gino's East, it's actually one of the only two "chain" places that make really good stuffed pizza IMO, the other being Edwardo's. Never was a big fan of Giordano's and I can't stand Pizzeria Uno. Still, Calo up in Andersonville beats them all for stuffed.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
i dunno - i generally eat only 2 slices. i'm a girl after all. sheesh. you know carbs and all. lol. no actually i'm diabetic so i have my limits.

i'm italian. i wouldn't dream of pineapple, celery and all that junk. i like one slice plain, one slice sicilian. it's my "regular". lots of hot pepper and garlic.

yum. ok thank god it's almost 5. now i'm super hungry.
Yeah, quit talkin about food. I have a Rosati's down the street and its calling my name now. Thanks alot!

I agree about the topping issue. Californians are so backwards with their stupid pizza concepts. Its just flat-out wrong! I gag just thinking of the name "California Pizza Kitchen". BLECH. I cant believe I ate there once. I vowed to never again, and its been 5 years since Ive gone.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM

i don't understand weird toppings - fruit, lettuce... eew..

i like the old school joints in brooklyn with some framed photo of some celeb/one hit wonder type celeb who ate there once back in the day. where you can stop in when the yankees are playing and they'll tell you the score or have some little antenna tv behind the counter with the game on. ahh..that i'll miss.

i don't like pretentious little pizza "eateries". there's this place in my old neighborhood in brooklyn, willliamsburg, which claims to demonstrate "the art and science of pizza". they can keep their gorgonzola and pears and mesclun salad. ewww.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago