Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
I'm trying to tell you, steak is steak to me. Whether you drop 100 bucs or 40 bucs on a dinner. I'm not talking about getting a steak from Denny's now. Even alot of the chain steakhouse restaurants, to me seem over priced and basically taste the same.

I know Chicago has a few really pricey steakhouses, but how much better are they than some great hole-in-the-wall that you've never discovered. Are there cows in the back of these steakhouse grazing in the alleys? Just waiting to be butchured some you get a fresh fillet?

I love steak as much as anybody, sorry though, never could really tell a big difference from restaurant to restaurant. Except in Colombian ones, they really flavor the meat good. Even if it's a lower quality cut of meat, the flavor is really good.
I see. So, what's your vote for best steak in Chicagoland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I see. So, what's your vote for best steak in Chicagoland?
Mcdonald's ok, that was my best steak in Chicago. Since you want to keep the meat going, let's discuss Chicago so-called great meat. For anybody who's ever shopped at Jewel's or Dominic's, if you think that pre-wrapped, turning brown stuff is how steak is supposed to look, you need to leave Chicago. Maybe all the restaurants stole all the "good steak".

In Pittsburgh, go to a chain grocery store like them, guess what, you'll have union butchers who will cut and serve you 'fresh steak'. Not like that 'half turned' crap they try and serve in Chicago's grocery stores.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:39 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Shut your pie hole. Troll.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Mcdonald's ok, that was my best steak in Chicago. Since you want to keep the meat going, let's discuss Chicago so-called great meat. For anybody who's ever shopped at Jewel's or Dominic's, if you think that pre-wrapped, turning brown stuff is how steak is supposed to look, you need to leave Chicago. Maybe all the restaurants stole all the "good steak".

In Pittsburgh, go to a chain grocery store like them, guess what, you'll have union butchers who will cut and serve you 'fresh steak'. Not like that 'half turned' crap they try and serve in Chicago's grocery stores.
I used to live in Pittsburgh. The grocery stores there suck compared to here. Oh, and guess what, Jewel and Dominick's are union shops.

McDonald's isn't steak. What's your vote for best steak in Chicago?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
This guy is taking trolling to another level.

I knew this guy was one right away. Thanks for proving me right.
I am not trolling. You actually going to argue this fact about Jewel's or Dominics meat with me? I've actually talked to one of the guys that worked in the 'back' of the meat dept at a Dominics (one in Edgewater on Sheridian) and told him about the 'crap' they try and sell in Chicago. He agreed with me 100%!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I am not trolling. You actually going to argue this fact about Jewel's or Dominics meat with me? I've actually talked to one of the guys that worked in the 'back' of the meat dept at a Dominics (one in Edgewater on Sheridian) and told him about the 'crap' they try and sell in Chicago. He agreed with me 100%!
So what steakhouse do you recommend in Chicago?

Btw asshat it is DOMINICK'S not DOMINIC's.

Troll.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I used to live in Pittsburgh. The grocery stores there suck compared to here. Oh, and guess what, Jewel and Dominick's are union shops.

McDonald's isn't steak. What's your vote for best steak in Chicago?
Union shops with hardly any help! Giant Eagle and Jewels or Dominics? What's the difference (besides having butchers in Pittsburgh). Are we going to argue about grocery stores now?lol If you don't know the difference, well you don't know.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM

No, I'm not going to argue grocery stores. If I wanted to argue grocery stores I'd start a thread called "who has better grocery stores, Chicago or Pittsburgh?" But as it happens, the title and topic of this thread is "Best Steak in Chicagoland."

So, what's your nomination for best steak in Chicagoland?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not going to argue grocery stores. If I wanted to argue grocery stores I'd start a thread called "who has better grocery stores, Chicago or Pittsburgh?" But as it happens, the title and topic of this thread is "Best Steak in Chicagoland."

So, what's your nomination for best steak in Chicagoland?
Told ya, Mcdonald's. In fact, it's the one that is caddy corner to the Dominic's on Foster and Sheridian.lol

Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM

Lets face it. The only place this guy has gotten a steak in Chicago is in the backroom of Hydrate and Touche' with his buddy that also works in the "back" of meat department at Dominick's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago