Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:54 AM

12 posts, read 119,690 times

Advertisements

I am interested in any information or impressions about Weddington Trace by Ryan Homes. Our house there is under construction and I am curious about what we are getting into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,308 times
Hello

I am also building in Weddington Trace. My home is just about to get started. So far it seems pretty good. I worked with Bill Cotton and he is great. How far along is your home?? Any problems/concearns?? Who is your project manager?? Tony or Eric

It is important to stop by during the construction process to see what is going on. An extra set of eyes and good communication with your PM goes along way.

Good Luck neighbor

Old 05-07-2007, 09:08 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,476 times
Yes, Bill is a good guy I think it will be a great community and the homes there are really beautiful. The big downside are the power lines running through it.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:08 AM

12 posts, read 119,690 times
Default L & L Flooring

As the exclusive supplier for flooring materials at Weddington Trace they are not subject to market pressures. They are charging $5.00 per yard for a carpet pad upgrade to 6 pounds from 4 pounds. The real price (at retail) of 6 pound pad is less than $5.00 per yard, and that is without any credit on the upgrade for the base material.

They were trying to make me pay for 243 yards of material on a 170 yard installation by claiming that the difference was for waste. In fact, there is very little waste for pad. Even for carpet, the waste factor should be less than 15%.

Naturally, they will encourage you to get upgrades on everything. But, you may be better off switching out the materials later when you can shop at a regualar outlet.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 PM

5 posts, read 17,499 times
Default Weddington trace

Hi ,
I to am building in weddington trace, I'v been some what pleased. My sales guy was Bill Cotton and he was a world of help. Always has done what he said and the knowledge this guy has is great. I looked around for a long time and this guy knows his stuff. Production has gone ok, My P.M. is Tony. Good guy and seems like he cares. Eric I have heard bad things about. But never had dealings with him, only hear say. Looks like it will be a good community. Look forward to meeting my neighbors.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 AM

536 posts, read 1,694,008 times
Question LovingCharlotte

I am assuming since "power lines" are so obvious, they do not need disclosure. But since this forum is probably here for information and knowledge. Here is a helpful link. Keep in mind you can not trust everything you read, (especially in wikipedia!)

Electric power transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 12,293 times
I've lived in Weddington Trace two years and am very dissapointed that they have promised that the pool and ammenities center would be completed by now and so far it looks like we'll have to endure another hot summer without a pool. There doesn't even seem to be a time frame as to when it will be completed. I urge anyone that is planning to purchase a home in Weddington Trace to get something in writing as to when the pool will be completed.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM

175 posts, read 188,643 times
Don't count on anything any time soon. Or ever. I heard Eric was laid off along with a good deal of the other PMs with experience. The PMs I'm dealing with now are kids. This company is poorly managed and was so long - before the housing debacle. I did have a good experience with L&L, at least.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 PM

57 posts, read 224,410 times
Default any more weddington trace news/

we're thinking about moving there. Just wanted some opinions

Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 AM

126 posts, read 412,223 times
They are good builder. Never heard a complaint about them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte