Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 AM

158 posts, read 411,660 times

Advertisements

Hope you're right about the equity. We signed for our new build. We got so many wonderful features and a half acre level lot with no power lines in sight. Amazing uprades on these all brick homes. They have another phase after this one, so I think there will be around 300 homes. Fantastic deals to be had!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 17,497 times
Wow, a lot of talking has been going on here. Welcome to the Community Raybourne I feal you will love it. I don't understand some of the people that comment on this site because it is just a hand full of what is really here. I wish that there were not so much negativity but telling more about how nice Weddington trace is. Iv lived here about a year and have been very pleased. Yes you have things that come up but every place does. There has never been 1 problem that has come up that my neighbors and I have talked about that has not been taken care of. Ryan has done a great job and Im proud to live in Weddington Trace. This Lutz guy is just trying to make other places look better so he can sale a home faster and move on. He is the one missing out not thinking that this is a great neighborhood. My neighbors were building with Orleans in lake forest and there storys scare me, They came back here to build. They tell me that the problems that they had there were 10 times worse then any problem that they have had with ryan. Yet This lutz guy would push a home buyer to go through that. I dont need a realtor like that. Power lines are only in the front of the community and run through weddington trace and weddington Chase. Once more lutz likes weddington Chase cause the homes are all complete and can make a quick sale. Weddington Trace is nice, Very nice and I looked at tons of communitys before moving in here and glad I did. Sorry to go on and on. All I can say is take a look at the community and the builder in the comunity.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 PM

673 posts, read 2,681,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyman View Post
Ryan has done a great job and Im proud to live in Weddington Trace.
I second this!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:27 PM

57 posts, read 224,379 times
I cannot deny that WT, for the $, is the best looking community I've seen. In 10 years, you just won't be able to do that. I'm not sure how fast some of the homes will move though with the views of those power lines (I'm talking about those big silver ones that rise up about 30 feet). One of the walking trails goes right under one.

But if you're in a part of the community that doesnt' have them in sight lines, like the $50K premium phase II, you're just all beauty and not beast.

Ultimately for me, if I have to keep coming here hoping to read posts to justify my decision, it's time to move on. Not sure, I'm really big on making the drive on the 2 lane road to downtown Charlotte every day either. Been here since Monday looking and from 7-8:30 a.m., Providence Rd, especially beyond 485 coming out to WT is a bear (or a cemetary).

I love south Charlotte and Union County and will buy somewhere out here. I was thinking of an Orleans home near Ardrey Kell High. Curious what the buyers' issues were at Lake forest, which looks gorgeous.

One concern I have about Wed Trace is the lack or progress out there. They have lots of lots and little activity. Homes for sale when I started looking four months ago are still there, too.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 PM

673 posts, read 2,681,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1229 View Post
One concern I have about Wed Trace is the lack or progress out there. They have lots of lots and little activity. Homes for sale when I started looking four months ago are still there, too.
You have to remember what the overall market is like now. WT sold homes faster than many other communities when they first started building, and the market was still hot. They have sold a good number of homes recently, given the market conditions. The homes you still see for sale are the ones near the powerlines, and that is not surprising.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 PM

57 posts, read 224,379 times
I wonder how long those will sit and what it will take to sell them. Two of them back out right to those super HT lines and a homeowner is trying to sell or lease his home just beside the two that Ryan has there. Something to that strip of houses, I guess.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 AM

Funny thing is if those HT's had trees in front of them, it would be a totally different story. That's a wonderful open space behing those homes. I'm sure there's a price someone will pay. I'm just very excited about the house we're having built, we got everythig we were looking for. We live in VA on one of the most desirable neighborhoods in our city it has woods, lakes, trails and gym and pool, and guess what HT's. This place has been a great seller because of the natural bueaty around it and the great schools. Remind you of anything?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 PM

8 posts, read 27,392 times
Smile Weddington Trace

I Have No View Of Any Power Lines, I Searched Union County For 6 Weeks, Looked At Every New Development, All Houses On Market In My Price And Many Many High End Communities Have The Power Lines, Is Fact Of Life In This Area, My Home In Weddington Trace Has No View Of The Power Lines At All, I Do Not Even Know They Are There. Love Ryan Homes, Weddington Trace Is Very Convienent To All Areas, As Far As Hwy 16 It Is Scheduled To Be Widened To Four Lanes From 485 To Rey Road. And Really Not All That Awfull Now, Slight Delay At Merge Then You Move Right Along. I Do It Every Rush Hour. I Even Considered A Private Custom Builder, And I Choose Weddington Trace. I Have No Doubt In My Mind This Was A Good Investment. Do Not Let The Negative People Out There Scare You Off. The Power Lines Go Through Weddington Chase As Well And Many Other Subdivision They Are No Big Deal. If You Do Not Like The Look Of It ,, Easy Buy A Lot That You Dont See Them From, There Are Plenty Of Wonderfull Wooded Lots In Weddington Trace And No Powerline In Sight. Speak With Bill Cotton At The Model, You Will Not Be Disappointed. I Know I Searched And Searched And Spent 6 Straight Weeks, Daily, Weekends Included Looking At All Developments In Union County I MEAN ALL OF THEM. Weddington Trace Is The Best. I Personally Would Not Want To Buy Anywere In Mecklenburg County, Taxes Too High, School System Questionable. Union County Is Safe, And Weddington Trace Has A Great School System. And Very Close, Easy To Get To. Location of Weddington Trace could not be better.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 AM

I was amazed at how many upgrades were available on these homes, the morning room was a key feature for me, I love the palladium window. Charlotte does still seem to be reasonably priced compared to the Northeast. We are a couple of hours outside DC and still find prices higher than Charlotte.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 AM

29 posts, read 97,623 times
Default Problems with Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyman View Post
Wow, a lot of talking has been going on here. Welcome to the Community Raybourne I feal you will love it. I don't understand some of the people that comment on this site because it is just a hand full of what is really here. I wish that there were not so much negativity but telling more about how nice Weddington trace is. Iv lived here about a year and have been very pleased. Yes you have things that come up but every place does. There has never been 1 problem that has come up that my neighbors and I have talked about that has not been taken care of. Ryan has done a great job and Im proud to live in Weddington Trace. This Lutz guy is just trying to make other places look better so he can sale a home faster and move on. He is the one missing out not thinking that this is a great neighborhood. My neighbors were building with Orleans in lake forest and there storys scare me, They came back here to build. They tell me that the problems that they had there were 10 times worse then any problem that they have had with ryan. Yet This lutz guy would push a home buyer to go through that. I dont need a realtor like that. Power lines are only in the front of the community and run through weddington trace and weddington Chase. Once more lutz likes weddington Chase cause the homes are all complete and can make a quick sale. Weddington Trace is nice, Very nice and I looked at tons of communitys before moving in here and glad I did. Sorry to go on and on. All I can say is take a look at the community and the builder in the comunity.

Hi,

Could you please tell me what the problems were with Orlean homes in Lake Forest that your friends had? What home/lot were they interested in and who were they dealing with as the sales agent. Would VERY much appreciate a detailed answer as we are thinking of building with them.

Thank you for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte