Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,702,451 times

Advertisements

Would you pay for a dog walking service? I would like to consider such a service

Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,145,690 times
Nope.
Of course, I don't have a dog so it would be quite wasteful for me.

But if I did, I can't believe that I'd be looking for something extra to spend money on these days.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:28 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,045,691 times
yeah, no extra money these days to do that....

Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,498,243 times
Sadly, I agree. We just don't have the money in our budget right now to pay for a dog walker. So... while I feel like I'm "cheating" him a bit with shorter walks during the week, we make up for it on the weekends. We logged about 6 miles on Saturday and Sunday. Good for him, and good for me.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,571,768 times
that would totally depend. If I had a puppy or had a job that did not allow me to take care of my dog the way it should be taken care of, then yes I would. As it is right now, I don't have a need. But say I got a job working 12 hour days, then I might. But then I would probably higher a local high schooler or ask my dad or sister to help out before I would pay a professional.

But again, my standards of how to take care of animals are much higher than a lot of people. While my dog could certainly hold it for 12 hours, I think it would be cruel to make him do so day after day (once in a while is not a big deal).

Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM

257 posts, read 669,852 times
I did when I had really busy days. It was $12 for 30 minutes. I didn't do it every day but I know plenty of people that do. If you get a good dog walker then maybe they will watch the dog when you go out of town too!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM

279 posts, read 1,086,473 times
Absolutely, I would get one if necessary, the economy has nothing to do with it, people! Pets cost money, and if you don't have the $, don't have a pet. If you have a puppy or young dog and can't let them out every 4 hours, or if you have an older dog and can't be available to let them out after 8 hours, then a pet walker (or pet sitter) is a must. I have a friend who has used a pet walker every day for the last 6 years, long after her dogs needed it, because they were much happier getting the additional exercise. Good luck, and kudos to you for having common sense and thinking of your pet's comfort!!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 13,014 times
I'd pay for a dog walker when/if I felt I needed one. For many years, I was working regular 12 hour days, so we had a local teenager who walked our dog after school. I paid her $25-30 per week. I stopped that when she went to college and I was working longer hours. More recently, our dog, who is now 14 years old, was sick. I paid for doggy dog care for him for the two week period he was on medications . . . .cost me $175, and while it's not in the budget, I couldn't just leave him all day either. I NEVER would have thought I'd use a dog day care, but it filled a need for us and I was very happy with the place.

(Buddy is better, and he's back at home for now. )

Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,455,862 times
Aptor Hours - There are several sitting/walking services here so there is a market for it. I personally would not pay for that right now.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:13 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,145,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina-in-Ashland View Post
Absolutely, I would get one if necessary, the economy has nothing to do with it, people! Pets cost money, and if you don't have the $, don't have a pet.
Srsly?
Have you really not noticed that lots of people have lost jobs lately? Don'cha think maybe, just maybe, there's a chance that a pet owner or two may be included in that group, and that in general when the economy is as pisspoor as it is now people have less money to spend? What do you suggest? Perhaps those who have less money than they had a few years ago when they got their pets should just get rid of them? Really? Think that's a good idea?

These aren't new concepts. To say the economy has nothing to do with it is just plain wrong. When there is a discussion about expenses, the economy has everything to do with it. Pity those who don't understand such an obvious truth. Condescending statements such as "pets cost money, and if you don't have the $, don't have a pet" display a lack of thought, and a lack of understanding of the current economic climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: