Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,186 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I currently live in the cold northeast Ohio area and want to move back down south. I lived in GA for 4 1/2 years and really miss the warmer weather, friendlier people and all the good car shows and festivals that you have down there!!! Not to forget the good food!
Still working on convincing my husband to move south, but I think he is catching on to it....the more he sees, that I could get a really well paying job, if I just went back to work and we'd move to Charlotte. hee hee
Anyways, we have 2 small children, so we have to consider school districts.
Which are the better school districts? How are the suburbs overall? Are there any german restaurants/clubs?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 04:04 PM

571 posts, read 716,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot2 View Post
Hi,
I currently live in the cold northeast Ohio area and want to move back down south. I lived in GA for 4 1/2 years and really miss the warmer weather, friendlier people and all the good car shows and festivals that you have down there!!! Not to forget the good food!
Still working on convincing my husband to move south, but I think he is catching on to it....the more he sees, that I could get a really well paying job, if I just went back to work and we'd move to Charlotte. hee hee
Which are the better school districts? How are the suburbs overall? Are there any german restaurants/clubs?
Thanks!
There are a couple German restaurants there. Check out this link:

http://shoppecharlotte.com/sc/restaurant_content.cfm

Old 02-10-2007, 06:15 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,909,919 times
School districts/zones I'd check out would be Cabarrus County, Union County, Mooresville, Belmont, and Ft. Mill.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:13 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,027,266 times
There is also a german church near dilworth

Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,151,154 times
A couple in my neighborhood run a restaurant called Waldhorn. It's on Lancaster Hwy in Pineville close to Carolina Place Mall. Heard it's very good.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:02 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,719,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
A couple in my neighborhood run a restaurant called Waldhorn. It's on Lancaster Hwy in Pineville close to Carolina Place Mall. Heard it's very good.
My mother still raves about that place! She couldn't remember the name, though. So, thanks for your post!

Old 02-10-2007, 05:43 PM

35 posts, read 91,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot2 View Post
Hi,
Thanks!
I sent you a PM in response to your note above.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM

230 posts, read 579,135 times
Exclamation German Restaurant in Hickory

About 50 min from Charlotte is Hickory, Mountain View.
There is also a very good cozy German Restaurant, called the Old German Schnitzel Haus. They also have a website, www.oldgermanschnitzelhaus.com

Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM

191 posts, read 1,002,245 times
Default Octoberfest here I come!

Thanks for the tip on the German resturant. We are leaving PGH and have been going to the Penn Brewery for 16 years now at Octoberfest time. My dad was wondering where we will be celebrating this year in Charlotte and it looks like he can get his lederhosen ready!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 PM

230 posts, read 579,135 times
where is it exactly?? thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte