Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM

64 posts, read 159,144 times

Advertisements

Wow is this area booming or what?????? So many options for resturants, shopping, medical offices, housing!!! I'm thinking of relocating to this area. Any thoughts on the area? Suggestions for subdivisions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 07:38 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,476 times
We live near Blakeney as well -- we have since we moved here in 1998 so you can imagine the amount of growth we have seen There are many subdivisions in this area -- to make the best suggestions for you let us know a price point.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:53 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
Even more coming, under construction, or planned.

You wouldn't believe everything that will be up and down 521 and 160 very soon as well.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:37 PM

$450-$650. Love that new Ardrey neighborhood!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:56 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
You could go right over the border and have a few choices as well. Less taxes too.

Don't know if thats an option for you or not. Do you like higher end production builders like Shea? You could do entry level custom in your price range depending on what your goals i.e. lots of square footage, and so on.

Anything else important, schools, etc.?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:08 PM

120 posts, read 370,580 times
Hi Simpson,

I really have to agree with you, I am from Chicago and my agent showed me some new homes by Centex in that Adrey Kell area, and they were absolutely amazing. That area is definitely on my top 10 list of possibilities. Also, that area is so convenient to almost everything. Also, I discovered how close it is to the Ballantyne area, and somehow while in the area I got turned around in Ballantyne and was hungry and came across Five Guys Burgers, very delicious, and was so worth the splurge, but will be back on my diet on Monday. Good luck, but i don't think you could go wrong in that area. Peace.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson12 View Post
$450-$650. Love that new Ardrey neighborhood!

Here's a few to start with: Piper Glen, Allyson Park, Ardrey Woods, Balmoral Park, Ardrey , Ballantyne Country Club, Kensington, Stone Creek Ranch, Providence Country Club, The Reserve, Hunter Oaks, Somerset, Canterfield Creek, Providence Downs, Marvin Creek...

Old 03-16-2008, 08:28 AM

Robb, there's a Five Guys in the Blakeney shopping area as well!! I also heard they are building a Best Buy across the street!!! Anyway, great tips everyone, thanks. I am going to spend more time looking at subdivisions, but so far, we are in love with Ardrey. What an amazing neighborhood! So unique and the quality of the homes is a cut above what we have seen from other builders. Also looking in Union county, but that area does not seem quite as high end as South Charlotte. Also, while the schools are ranked very high in Union county, I think those in South Charlotte are just as good if not better. Taxes are lower, yes, but coming from NJ the taxes in the entire area are crazy low!!!!! I just love the whole "feel" of this area. Know what I mean?

Old 03-16-2008, 05:26 PM

240 posts, read 732,216 times
Cool love it

We used to live in Matthews and then moved to the Ardrey Kell road area in 2004. Simply love it here.

my daughter attends Comm House Middle School and we are very happy with this school.
Ardrey Kell High School is also an excellent school (this is only its 2nd year).

We also have a lot of excellent Elem schools around here too.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 AM

414 posts, read 1,278,025 times
We live in the Blakeney Greens sub-division and it's perfect! We actually can walk to all of our necessities. I highly recommend the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte