Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 AM

85 posts, read 428,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
The area is an old part of Huntersville and the houses are old and not up with the $300K crowd. I guess some would consider it lower income for a lack of better terms. There hardly is any crime over that part of town. The Beazer community is across the street from the main entrance. Other than maybe an eye sore I would not worry to much.
We have lived in Monteith Place over 3 years and really don't notice the community across Old Stateville Road. In addition, the railraod tracks are more for moving frieght cars and not used a main line. In the past 3 years, I can only remember seeing a train during daylight hours maybe a dozen times and none during the night. Also, the Light Rail Line is to use this same railroad in the future as it is constructed north from Charlotte.
The Huntersville area has a lot of positive things that are to happen in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,667,518 times
Out of curiosity, has there been any developments for the proposed "Brighton" development near Hambright/Statesville Rd.?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 AM

85 posts, read 428,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Out of curiosity, has there been any developments for the proposed "Brighton" development near Hambright/Statesville Rd.?
Don't know of any particular builders yet but noticed this week that clearing and grading equipment are onsite working.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,224,869 times
I ask this question, where do you want to go? If you drive to uptown, I would stay south of exit 25 (Sam Furr). I prefer the west side of 77 toward the lakes. I am moving to an area called Stephens Grove, which is off Beatties Ford. I really like the area, not sure its <$250, but several along that road are, plus new schools, elem, middle and high. Wynfield is nice, but its about 15 years old, nice trees though. You could also check out some other areas off gilead, like Rosefield (I think I am spelling it wrong, will check).

Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,956,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehinnc View Post
We have lived in Monteith Place over 3 years and really don't notice the community across Old Stateville Road. In addition, the railraod tracks are more for moving frieght cars and not used a main line. In the past 3 years, I can only remember seeing a train during daylight hours maybe a dozen times and none during the night. Also, the Light Rail Line is to use this same railroad in the future as it is constructed north from Charlotte.
The Huntersville area has a lot of positive things that are to happen in the long run.
Yep that's what I am saying its not that bad! When my wife and I first got married we bought a house on main street in Cornelius. Like you said the train would only rumble once a week if that as it moved freight.

they have started clearing land at Brighton as previously stated. However if the new clown in the office for Huntersville has his way alot of developments could be halted if he is able to stop the light rail.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM

15 posts, read 53,544 times
Thanks for all of your suggestions. We are coming down for a week to look in March, so we wanted an idea of some places to consider before we get there.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM

355 posts, read 993,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi&Jon View Post
Thanks for all of your suggestions. We are coming down for a week to look in March, so we wanted an idea of some places to consider before we get there.
monetith park, seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte