Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:41 PM

6 posts, read 23,473 times

Advertisements

I am glad some people had good experiences with NVR. I know many that have not. I would avoid them like Plague
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM

As a realtor, I think PSS is a great investment. Once things settle down with the market, I think people will do well. The community is awsome The neighbors are great and are very courteous. Made some great friends.

On the down side, we are fighting the Aqua water situation, but we have a great community spirit and fighting the increase. Parking is getting to be an issue, but hopefully that will be resolved.

I look forward to the pool opening again, we have a great pool and can be quite fun. The community has put together a monthly social as well and we have about 30 to 40 people that come. Our next one is on Feb 7.

If you have people looking in PSS I do not recommend ging in there without a realtor. You pay nothing and you have someone that looks after your best interest. I can not tell you how many people probably did not get as good of a deal as they could have if they ha a realtor..

Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times
Dsolken,

Do you have any insight into plans to "curb" the parking situation? I'm in a Quartermaine and personally park one car in the garage and one in the driveway. But people around me park so erratically on the street that it's hard to drive down the street sometimes.

Also, I was SHOCKED at how much we pay for water here. I hate paying over $70/mo just for water and looking at a possible 40% increase. I'm ready to dig a well, lol.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 PM

140 posts, read 322,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolken View Post
As a realtor, I think PSS is a great investment. Once things settle down with the market, I think people will do well. The community is awsome The neighbors are great and are very courteous. Made some great friends.

On the down side, we are fighting the Aqua water situation, but we have a great community spirit and fighting the increase. Parking is getting to be an issue, but hopefully that will be resolved.

I look forward to the pool opening again, we have a great pool and can be quite fun. The community has put together a monthly social as well and we have about 30 to 40 people that come. Our next one is on Feb 7.

If you have people looking in PSS I do not recommend ging in there without a realtor. You pay nothing and you have someone that looks after your best interest. I can not tell you how many people probably did not get as good of a deal as they could have if they ha a realtor..
NVR is a perfect example of why some of these new communities fail. Hint if the vast majority of new owners is financed by the builder (or its affiliate co), bad things could happen.
As a matter of fact how come the legislation from last year (remember all the fuzz about Fannie, Freddie bailouts (hate that word really) did not address this obvious CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

I really hope I'm wrong but if I would have bought there I'd try to research how much money were people putting down. We have been "fortunate" in Charlotte to not see the full effects of this recession but our time will come with the massive layoffs ahead and after that it's a ripple effect. Again I really, really hope I'm wrong here.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:09 PM

14 posts, read 39,012 times
[quote=redlikemethodz;7033857]Dsolken,

Do you have any insight into plans to "curb" the parking situation? I'm in a Quartermaine and personally park one car in the garage and one in the driveway. But people around me park so erratically on the street that it's hard to drive down the street sometimes.

I park in my garage, too, but getting in and out of my driveway is a problem because of all of the cars parked on the street. I am hoping that the homeowner's association will begin enforcing parking regulations. As it is, I am afraid emergency vehicles would have difficulty driving through.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 8,790 times
Default Electric/Water

Hi. In a Fenmore with a basement (or without).....how much is your water and electric bills a month? Seems that the water has become an issue.

Is anyone in the HOA working on the parking issue?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,477 times
I agree that PSS is a fantastic community to live in and the neighbors are very friendly.
About the water charges issue,we too are currently paying a little under $70 per month. We`were told that in addition to the water usage charges, we were also contributing to a million[or 2] dollar reserve fund that the community was required by the state to have. It seems to me that all of us who have taken a chance and bought early into the community are being burdened with all the starting costs. Would our contributions be lowered as new residents move in?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 8,622 times
Default Water Issue

I just moved here in November and live in a Quartermaine; I am appalled at how much we have to pay for water here! Where do I sign to prevent that increase? Honestly I don't know how people sleep at night. Aqua is based up north right? In Pennsylvania or something, I wonder how they figure out our rates from way up there?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 8,622 times
[quote=Tatiana789;7056545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
Dsolken,

I park in my garage, too, but getting in and out of my driveway is a problem because of all of the cars parked on the street. I am hoping that the homeowner's association will begin enforcing parking regulations. As it is, I am afraid emergency vehicles would have difficulty driving through.
I agree with your concern; especially about the emergency vehicles; if there were a fire, there's no way a fire truck could get through some streets.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 AM

Currently, theyt are working on the parking. The developer has chosen a panel and they are working on parking. From what I understand trhere will be parking on ine side of the street. The problem is that there are people with 2 and 3 roommates. People don't wantt o park in the driveway, so now one unit has 2 to 3 cars in front on the street. They are supposedly trying to create additional spots. The condo was not successful, so Ryan will no longer be building them. What is happening is the developer will be building a similar building with smaller units at a lower price point. There will be no under building parking. They are not building as many of them so the space where a building is will become parking. Parking will definitely be an issue and a burden.

The water issue is being worked on by Tom Rothrick. There ahas been an attorney hired by other communities with the same problem. Our community needed to contribute 1500 dollars so Tom was asking for $13.00 per unit,he had to raise it, because he wasn't getting the people to contribute. In the long run this is cheaper, we can see rate increases to $100.00 per unit. The sad thing is the developer is getting paid over 1 million dollars by aqua to install the lines, about 1500.00 per lot. If you want to get on his list, let me know. There is a social on the 7th at the clubhouse at 7 pm, stop by say hello and you can find out some more information..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte