Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:14 AM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times

Advertisements

Great question! I've been meaning to do this myself and would love any feed back from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 04:12 PM

6 posts, read 23,420 times
Spoke to the sales office and they still are not telling people about the private water company and how expensive the water and sewer is here. Met another resident whose bill was 115 last month. Mine was 84, I guess I should be happy but I wasnt here most of the month. What happened at the last meeting? Did they resolve the dangerous parking situation? I hope there isnt a need for an emergency vehicle here. Its strange the builder doesnt seem to care about the water and parking. It could be a great place to live if they fixed these items.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townhouse Owner View Post
Spoke to the sales office and they still are not telling people about the private water company and how expensive the water and sewer is here. Met another resident whose bill was 115 last month. Mine was 84, I guess I should be happy but I wasnt here most of the month. What happened at the last meeting? Did they resolve the dangerous parking situation? I hope there isnt a need for an emergency vehicle here. Its strange the builder doesnt seem to care about the water and parking. It could be a great place to live if they fixed these items.
It's too bad you're struggling so hard to pay the water bill on your $300,000 home. Maybe you should apply to move in next door.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM

31 posts, read 82,321 times
I almost rented a place in Park South Station this weekend.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happier Camper View Post
It's too bad you're struggling so hard to pay the water bill on your $300,000 home. Maybe you should apply to move in next door.
Disregard this guy. Are rates based on the price of your home??? geeez. Also, it's a little odd that this is Happier Camper's first post...

Old 06-06-2009, 11:54 AM

6 posts, read 23,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happier Camper View Post
The new bill was actually 100.12 for this month. Thanks for the good advice, the complex next door has cheaper water, plenty of guest parking and trees for shade. Looks like a nicer place to live than here with cars crowding the streets, outrageous water costs and no place to park my Bentley.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,938 times
Default Park South Station

I closed on a townhome in Park South Station last year. What would you like to know? It's a great place to live.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:02 PM

3 posts, read 9,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townhouse Owner View Post
Those gals straight up told me about the private water and the cost. And the parking will resolve itself if everyone parks in their garages and driveways. The new one-way street system will help too!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 AM

In our last town hall meeting, a rep from Charlotte city water was there, as well as the owner of Aqua. We found out that basically Aqua pays residential prices for city water. They of course need to turn a profit so they markup the price. The key thing here is that the City of Charlotte should sell water to Aqua at a reduced price since they do not service PSS. They never need to fix/service infrastructure here; Aqua takes care of this.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,757 times
I've lived here for 6 months. Closed on a Quartermaine in June. Process was fairly straight forward and they have been quick to fix several minor issues (nail pops, loose banister rails, faulty light fixture...). ONLY issue has been with the HOA. They seem to be utterly useless and ignorant of common sense. I can't complain too much since I haven't attended any meetings which will change on March 9th. They can't seem to figure out that the grass needs water, that gates need reflectors, and streets need signs before they can actually enforce anything (parking or otherwise...an no spray painting the street with parking spots is not my idea of proper signage). It just seems to me that some people need to be replaced and the management company needs the boot. See you March 9th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte