Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 14,856 times

Advertisements

I am an investor (rentals & Flips) out of state. Looking to start investing in the Charlotte, NC due to a scheduled move to Charlotte, NC sometime early - mid spring of 2014.

Any other investors or real estate agents (specializing in foreclosures, estate sales, investments or rentals) that would be willing to share some information would be greatly appreciated.

Total investment (purchase and rehab) per home: 40K - 60K maximum.
Seeking to gross $800 minimum a month (of course more is better) on the investment.

Is this doable in the Charlotte, NC area? If so, what areas (neighborhoods, blocks, streets, etc) should I be targeting and researching? Could you provide examples? (property cost and rental incomes) If there are better property investments I am open to explore them.

Note: I am a general contractor, licensed inspector and seasoned flipper. So all the work will essentially be completed by me so this reduces the rehab cost substantially.

Look forward to an informative discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM

385 posts, read 891,396 times
Can it be done... yes. But in that price range there is currenty a ton of competition from both local investors and wall street funds. See Invitation Homes.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:41 AM

I don't mind competing for my piece of the pie as long as I have properly completed my homework and feel comfortable that these investments will make a decent ROI.

What areas of Charlotte are the most popular for investors that fall within the criteria I mentioned before?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,811,585 times
The Westchester Subdivision - West Charlotte. - The area is ridden with foreclosures and REO properties. Most of the properties are 60's and 70's brick ranch style homes, some split levels.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Westcoastbabe, Thanks for that information. Are you actively investing? What is the average rent for a 3bed 1+ bath in that area?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM

469 posts, read 892,383 times
I have more than one friend who has property near the university area and who rent to students. I don't do it myself and unfortunately I don't have specific neighborhoods. Of those, one couple in particular has other rentals near other colleges too - specifically Chapel Hill for UNC students and Boone for Appalachian State students.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_79 View Post
Westcoastbabe, Thanks for that information. Are you actively investing? What is the average rent for a 3bed 1+ bath in that area?

Not actively investing, but just sold my home to an investor group. I had a 3bedroom, 1&1/2 bath ranch style home. Its now being rented out for $850.00/mth.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Westcoastbabe, I don't mean to get too much up into your business. If you don't mind, what was the price range and square footage? I appreciate your help.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 PM

Direct messaging you.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Got them. Thanks for the info. I guess because my account is new I am limited to sending 1 direct message a day.

We are relocating to Charlotte because it is the warmest climate we can get to and still be within driving distance to family. Still need a decent size population for business reasons. Charlotte is about the only thing we have that meets our needs. Would love to be on the coast line but that is not doable at this time. Plus we like the mountains and Charlotte provides a reasonable distance to both the mountains and the ocean. So Charlotte became our choice. We've visited many times and like the overall feel. Not perfect but better than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte