Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM

18 posts, read 23,934 times

Advertisements

Hi all !! We will be coming for the Coca Cola 600 and will be staying for about two weeks in May. My mom is wanting to rent a Condo and I was hopeing someone could steer me to a reputable source. I'm not brave enough to try Craigslist We were thinking something within a 30 mile radius of the speedway. We already bought our tickets so we are good to go on those. Any help would be great as last time I came out I just stayed at a motel. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM

958 posts, read 1,730,486 times
I don't think anyone would rent out their condo for 2 weeks. Staying at a hotel would be the easiest. You can always negotiate the rate.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,886,907 times
Try VRBO or homeaway.com.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Thank you very much ! We will give those a try

Old 12-31-2011, 10:18 AM

184 posts, read 468,798 times
I don't think you'll have a problem finding a 2 week condo rental. Try Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb as well.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Thank you PEABO14 ! I will give that a try.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM

385 posts, read 892,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEABO14 View Post
I don't think you'll have a problem finding a 2 week condo rental. Try Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb as well.

Great find. I was amazed how many options there actually are in Clt. I wonder how legit these are. I know a lot of them must be strictly related to the DNC.

I heard a story on this site on CNBC awhile back. Mostly positive, but I guess the main issue was people trashing houses and what kind of insurance airbnb was now offering.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,442,245 times
We rented our lake access ie non -waterfront home here as a vacation rental for over 2 years.
We did it ourselves whilst still living in the UK.
Apart from a vase we had no breakages or damage to our home.
We didn't rent to the under 25s and 90% were families.
The Nascar fans were great.
Only group we had problems with once were fishermen here for a bass tournament who failed to tell us they were bringing 2 boats . We specified only 1 on our website and wouldn't have known except that our neighbors told us and they had moved the picnic table in order to drive across the lawn as we have access at both sides of our lot. They never replaced the picnic table.

We advertised on VRBO and vacationrentals and occasionally craigslist.

To the OP -The Mooresville part of Lake Norman is around 25miles from the speedway but you'll probably find more lake condo rentals in Cornelius which is about the same distance. Most of the lake rentals in Mooresville are houses.
Most people will charge a higher rate for race weeks.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Thank you Whats ! I will look into that. I think my folks would love being next to the lake. I figured we would be paying premium

Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,442,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly blackwell View Post
Thank you Whats ! I will look into that. I think my folks would love being next to the lake. I figured we would be paying premium
Some of the condos aren't that much cheaper than the houses,to be honest. If you need any help with locations of any homes you like the look of you can send me a DM or just post on here.
Our neighbor rents his home (we share our boat dock across the street with him-private lake acces for just our 2 homes and a nice spot on a quiet no wake cove for swimming/fishing)

Looking at the info and having mentioned to him re it being raceweek when he has guests coming in-I don't think he charges extra.
Vacationrentals.com 3 bedroom House sleeps 6 in Lake Norman, North Carolina - Beautiful Lake Norman Home in great location

I don't think you'll find anything that's as good value- really convenient location for everything you might need. House isn't fancy, but it's very clean and bright with a nice front deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte