Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 AM

578 posts, read 2,598,310 times

Advertisements

There is a Lay's potato plant chip or something down the road behind the Sonic right after Westinghouse on Tryon. It is kinda gross at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM

110 posts, read 375,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searpr View Post
There is a Lay's potato plant chip or something down the road behind the Sonic right after Westinghouse on Tryon. It is kinda gross at night.
That is what I was thinking the source might be but it wasn't confirmed. And yes it is gross at night. I hate that smell, but the good thing is that it stays outside and doesn't get in your house if you have the windows open.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
ewww! i have never smelled a "dirty restaurant cooking grease" smell. what part of steele creek do you live in?

Bulok, Metallisteve has some good points, but he has been gone from steele creek long enough not to know that there is hardly any traffic coming out of Berewick now. They have opened up another route out of the neighborhood, and traffic leaving and coming into Berewick isn't at all what it used to be.

Metallisteve, I'm thinking you used to take Dixie River all the way around to the back entrance by the lake? It dumps you out just up from the Manor house now. It takes me 2 minutes to get onto 485 at 7:30 or 7:45 every morning, and I haven't run into traffic on 160 in the evening since. Also, they are almost done with the Shopton Rd. West realignment, and there will be 2 left turn lanes.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Glad to hear they've been making progress...albeit at our tax dime, but it's not worth impeeding innocent residents while bickering about who should have paid.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
ewww! i have never smelled a "dirty restaurant cooking grease" smell. what part of steele creek do you live in?

Bulok, Metallisteve has some good points, but he has been gone from steele creek long enough not to know that there is hardly any traffic coming out of Berewick now. They have opened up another route out of the neighborhood, and traffic leaving and coming into Berewick isn't at all what it used to be.

Metallisteve, I'm thinking you used to take Dixie River all the way around to the back entrance by the lake? It dumps you out just up from the Manor house now. It takes me 2 minutes to get onto 485 at 7:30 or 7:45 every morning, and I haven't run into traffic on 160 in the evening since. Also, they are almost done with the Shopton Rd. West realignment, and there will be 2 left turn lanes.
I can't smell it where I am either. I have smelled it driving on Tryon between Westinghouse and Carowinds Blvd., but only late at night/early morning. Yuck!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 AM

110 posts, read 375,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post

I have smelled it on S. Tryon as far down as the Rivergate shopping area and down to Arrowood.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Steele Creek area has tons of undesirables "thugs" that seem to rule that area
versus Matthews which is much safer. Don't believe what others say on this website....vist the area yourself and see it unaltered by these weak and lame opinions.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Wow, if only I had been exposed to your sage wisdom prior to buying our home, Mike. I wouldn't be living in a neighborhood ruled by thugs! You make it sound like Nino Brown and the Cash Money Brothers have taken over an apartment complex and are slinging crack on the sidewalks, fer cryin' out loud! (rent New Jack City if you're confused)

Where do you consider Steele Creek? I've lived here for 2+ years and I don't see many, or any, thugs in my neighborhood...

Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Before we moved down here, a few posts on this board mentioned something about this area not being so great. After visiting, and subsequently living, here, I think those hypotheses spring from one of two things:

A: There are some people that think any level of crime automatically makes an area bad

B: There are simply a few narrow-minded people who automatically attribute the label of "gang" to any group of two or more individuals congregating together who look "different" than themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Where do you consider Steele Creek? I've lived here for 2+ years and I don't see many, or any, thugs in my neighborhood...
I'll second that, having been here for just under a year.

Although I can't help but point out the irony that the comment about a lack of thugs in the neighborhood was posted by a dude named hooligan

Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM

355 posts, read 992,469 times
I made this thread when I was just considering Charlotte.......................but after living in Charlotte for quite sometime I think Steele Creek is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte