Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM

372 posts, read 659,742 times

Advertisements

i was trolling through the York County forum and noticed that they have a thread just to comment about all the restaurants in the area. With the Steele Creek area blowing up, I thought maybe we should try to get one going here...any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
i was trolling through the York County forum and noticed that they have a thread just to comment about all the restaurants in the area. With the Steele Creek area blowing up, I thought maybe we should try to get one going here...any ideas?
I don't get to Steele Creek often anymore, but when I can I love the Chinese at the Dragon Buffet!

Dragon Buffet - Steele Creek - Charlotte, NC

Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I don't get to Steele Creek often anymore, but when I can I love the Chinese at the Dragon Buffet!

Dragon Buffet - Steele Creek - Charlotte, NC
I've had that, and it' s good. I prefer China Tea Room on S.Tryon mainly because they deliver!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I've had that, and it' s good. I prefer China Tea Room on S.Tryon mainly because they deliver!
Ever go down to Uncle Liu's on Lake Wylie just across the Buster Boyd bridge? I used to love their house special fried rice - yum!

UNCLE Liu's Hunan Garden - Reviews & Menu - Lake Wylie 29710

Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM

622 posts, read 1,783,859 times
Default Uncle Liu's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ever go down to Uncle Liu's on Lake Wylie just across the Buster Boyd bridge? I used to love their house special fried rice - yum!

UNCLE Liu's Hunan Garden - Reviews & Menu - Lake Wylie 29710
Hi Loves,

Uncle Liu's was my favorite. We would eat there 3-4 times a month. Unfortunately they left Lake Wylie during the reconstruction of the Buster Boyd Bridge (adversely affected their business. They moved to Baxter Village and eventually sold that location a number of years ago.

Their food rivaled some of my favorite asian restaurants in San Fransico.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
Hi Loves,

Uncle Liu's was my favorite. We would eat there 3-4 times a month. Unfortunately they left Lake Wylie during the reconstruction of the Buster Boyd Bridge (adversely affected their business. They moved to Baxter Village and eventually sold that location a number of years ago.

Their food rivaled some of my favorite asian restaurants in San Fransico.
You are so right Belmarin! Thanks for jogging my memory. I actually ate at the Baxter location about a year ago but had totally forgotten

I haven't lived in Steele Creek in a while now, but I'll always have fond memories of going down to Uncle Liu's by the river.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:56 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,842,027 times
The 2 diners at Westinghouse and S. Tryon are pretty good. The names of the places escape me at the moment (not used to being up this early). Used to stop at them once a week for dinner and was always happy with the food.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The 2 diners at Westinghouse and S. Tryon are pretty good. The names of the places escape me at the moment (not used to being up this early). Used to stop at them once a week for dinner and was always happy with the food.
I know of Steele Creek Cafe right at that intersection......good call!!!!

I have also been informed that Buffalo Wild Wing has put in for a building permit behind the Books-a-million over at Rivergate.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 PM

When we moved into Steele Creek 10 yrs ago, the intersection of S.Tryon and Steele Creek Rd had 5 restaurants (Grid Iron, Subway, Bellacino's, and a couple of Chinese takeout places).....10 yrs later we have at least 22 at the same intersection. Most are national chains, but there a few local chains such as Hickory Tavern/ City Tavern/ Luigi's that are there as well!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
When we moved into Steele Creek 10 yrs ago, the intersection of S.Tryon and Steele Creek Rd had 5 restaurants (Grid Iron, Subway, Bellacino's, and a couple of Chinese takeout places).....10 yrs later we have at least 22 at the same intersection. Most are national chains, but there a few local chains such as Hickory Tavern/ City Tavern/ Luigi's that are there as well!
I remember moving to Steele Creek in 1995 when the ONLY thing anywhere near Hwy 49 and Hwy 160 was the new Harris Teeter It's grown up a lot since then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte