Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 PM

15 posts, read 57,428 times

Advertisements

Which company is best to work for between Wachovia Bank and Bank of America. In conversation with a neighbor who currently works for Bank of America she stated that her decision to work for Bank of America was based from observations of two friends that worked at one of the two banks. She said that the two friends do the same type of work and the benefit that each company have are comparable but the friend that works at Bank of America has received more pay raises then the friend that works at Wachovia Bank. I recently moved to Charlotte and currently work in the information security field with Wachovia bank as a contractor with the hopes of becoming a full-time employee soon but I wonder if I should seek employment with Bank of America instead. I would like to work for the company where advancement in pay and position are better. Are there anyone that worked for both company who can provide insight to which company is the best to work for and why? Or should I seek employment with another company in the Charlotte area which would be better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:26 AM

396 posts, read 1,435,885 times
I'd go with Bank of America from personal experience with Wachovia.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 AM

108 posts, read 145,946 times
Not sure if Bank of America outsources their IT but I know Wachovia sent a significant amount of IT work to India in the past 2-4 years eliminating many IT jobs. With that said I would say Bank of America is better. I met some IT folks that work at Bank of America and they seem to be happy there.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 AM

245 posts, read 268,212 times
Everyone bounces back and Forth, it depends on the time of day etc to what answers you will get.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,442,516 times
Wachovia now outsources their call centers too. Screw both of em. Join a credit union, doesnt matter which one.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 AM

331 posts, read 1,127,726 times
Both are HUGE organizations with a great diversity of jobs and locations so it is kind of pointless to make a blanket statement that "X is a better employer."

Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
If it makes any difference, Wachovia is considered more gay friendly and more working mother sympathetic. Also, in a recent poll, customer service at B of A sucked and Wachovia scored well.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Try Aquesta being a new small local bank there is room for advancement.
Lake Norman Community Bank - Bank in Cornelius NC and Denver North Carolina | Aquesta Bank

Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,667,518 times
Also, Wachovia's IT is based in Charlotte and their data center is located in Charlotte. BOA's is not. It could make a difference depending on what your function is.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 AM

674 posts, read 806,349 times
From personal experience, B of A is in a mode right now of consolidating departments and cutting jobs like crazy. Half the people who were at Gateway are now out of work. Last week it was announced that another two departments in a totally different area of the bank are being merged and jobs will be cut. If you are in a sales position, they will s_crew you out of commission unlike any bank I have ever seen. They have GREAT PR that makes the people not associated with the bank think that they are a caring and wonderful employer, but the bottom line is that the buck is much more important to them than their employees, period. Wachovia is not this bad. Now, when Wachovia was First Union, FU was even more magnanimous with employees. But Wachovia, when compared to B of A (especially for sales people) is 100% better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: