Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 06:51 PM

15 posts, read 39,231 times

Advertisements

Hi folks:

Since Charlotte is home to BoA and Wachovia, potentially the biggest employers in the financial industry in the area, I was wondering if people can throw some light on the work culture in these two places. I am an IT consultant working in the financial sector and looking seriously to move to Charlotte from cali bay area. I have worked for major investment banks in the past (not retail banking) in both bay area and NY, and some have better work life balance than others - if such a thing exists !

So lets hear it folks.

And thanx for replying.

Regards

Last edited by a_good_life; 04-30-2007 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,695 times
I think it ultimately depends on your project and manager, but from what I've heard in general, Wachovia offers the better work-life balance while BofA has a tendency to work people pretty hard.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 AM

191 posts, read 236,237 times
If you're used to I-banking then working for either Wachovia or BofA is going to be a cake walk. I agree with the above comment about Wachovia being the better place to work.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,866 times
I've been at Wachovia for 13 years, so my preference is obvious. That said, I've heard that the Wachovia culture is more easy-going. BoA is supposed to be more cut-throat and hierarchical.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 PM

15 posts, read 39,231 times
Default So I guess Wachovia it is...

Thanx for all your replies folks - so far I am hearing that Wachovia is the better place to work. Great.

Lets test my luck further now . anyone from Wachovia in the forum, who has heard of (or better still, works in) a domain called "Securities Lending" or "Stock Loan" or "Repo"? If yes, can they reply back please?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:57 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,018 times
My Two Cents is that both of these banks are cut throat. The news is constantly writing about how Wachovia and Bank of America are trying to turn the highest profits and make the CEO"s richer. The benefits are comprable and most view IT as disposable people. What are those domain's from, did wachovia provide them to you?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_good_life View Post
Thanx for all your replies folks - so far I am hearing that Wachovia is the better place to work. Great.

Lets test my luck further now . anyone from Wachovia in the forum, who has heard of (or better still, works in) a domain called "Securities Lending" or "Stock Loan" or "Repo"? If yes, can they reply back please?
I vaguely know of the Securities Lending group. The DB Prod Mgr in my group is our liaison to the Corporate Trust group that handles the function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte