Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 04:36 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,488 times

Advertisements

I used to get several different gluten free items at the Bi-Lo at Whitehall in Steele Creek that weren't available in other area stores. I was disappointed when it closed.

I went down to the Publix in Fort Mill to check it out and discovered not only did they have the items Bi-Lo sold, but they also have more varieties and other gluten free items I hadn't seen before. These are mainstream groceries, too, not the cardboard tasting stuff they have at health food stores. I go down there every week or so to stock up on those items.

I'm looking forward to the new Publix at Whitehall, but the space is smaller than the store in Fort Mill. I hope they have the same gluten free items as the Fort Mill store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 05:59 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I meant the Publix near Furman University. Which is just past Traveler's Rest when coming down Hwy. 25 from Hendersonville.

Yes, we go there every once in awhile; it's a small Publix, but always busy and very popular with those of us "up the mountain".

Old 03-31-2014, 08:11 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I used to get several different gluten free items at the Bi-Lo at Whitehall in Steele Creek that weren't available in other area stores. I was disappointed when it closed.

I went down to the Publix in Fort Mill to check it out and discovered not only did they have the items Bi-Lo sold, but they also have more varieties and other gluten free items I hadn't seen before. These are mainstream groceries, too, not the cardboard tasting stuff they have at health food stores. I go down there every week or so to stock up on those items.

I'm looking forward to the new Publix at Whitehall, but the space is smaller than the store in Fort Mill. I hope they have the same gluten free items as the Fort Mill store.
Dave....We discovered the same thing. There were several items that we really liked (up in PA) that we were totally unable to find down here. Imagine my happiness to find all of them at Publix!

Speaking of service......Went to Publix today and wanted to get some sirloin steaks that were on sale, but they were huge. Not only did the butcher offer to cut them for me, but when I mentioned that I would take them home and package up in pairs, he offered to wrap them up that way and even put the plastic sheets between them and wrapped them in butcher freezer paper. And all with a "my pleasure" and "thank you for shopping at Publix" back at me with a smile on his face! Now that's service.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 AM

I just got a news flash from a knowledgeable friend .... Publix has announced the opening of a new PUBLIX at the Blue Ridge Mall in Hendersonville on Rt. 64. It will be located in the space formerly occupied by K-Mart. Can't come soon enough for yours truly.

Hallelujah !

Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I just got a news flash from a knowledgeable friend .... Publix has announced the opening of a new PUBLIX at the Blue Ridge Mall in Hendersonville on Rt. 64. It will be located in the space formerly occupied by K-Mart. Can't come soon enough for yours truly.

Hallelujah !
That is good news. But I did not realize that Kmart had closed, but not surprised. Now you should have good choices in Hendersonville, with Publix, Harris Teeter and Ingle's.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
That is good news. But I did not realize that Kmart had closed, but not surprised. Now you should have good choices in Hendersonville, with Publix, Harris Teeter and Ingle's.

Well, I am so danged embarrassed I could spit nickels ! Just got home, got another message from the alleged "friend" ....... it WAS an April Fool's Joke. Preying on my sensibilities like that .... let's get him behind the barn and give him a good whoopin'.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:

Hallelujah !
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I am so danged embarrassed I could spit nickels ! Just got home, got another message from the alleged "friend" ....... it WAS an April Fool's Joke. Preying on my sensibilities like that .... let's get him behind the barn and give him a good whoopin'.
You had my mind focused on Publix coming to Hendersonville for a moment, then we refer to the calendar and notice it is April Fool's Day.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
You had my mind focused on Publix coming to Hendersonville for a moment, then we refer to the calendar and notice it is April Fool's Day.

Yahhh, right. I might be blonde and was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:36 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Well they are coming to Asheville, so there very well could eventually have a Publix in Hendersonville.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Yahhh, right. I might be blonde and was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Quote:
Well they are coming to Asheville, so there very well could eventually have a Publix in Hendersonville.
Ingle's would not have acquired property on Sand Hill Road in Enka recently to open another store in addition to replacing its Smoky Park Highway store. This is a strong indication Publix has been looking over western Buncombe County for an additional store, and Ingle's wants to minimize a strong competitor. Bi-Lo and Food Lion in Candler are not doing that well for obvious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte