Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,564,354 times

Advertisements

Was having coffee with a friend in Huntersville. Saw the helicopters and Channel 13, thought it was an accident, but a bank robbery?

One in custody after Cornelius bank robbery | WCNC.com Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,562,181 times
I always worry about an innocent bystander getting hurt during a bank robbery. Can't believe folks rob banks w/ cameras all over the place.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,091,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I always worry about an innocent bystander getting hurt during a bank robbery. Can't believe folks rob banks w/ cameras all over the place.
EVERY DAY, more than 6,000/year - and not all are reported to the FBI.

Years ago I read somewhere that bank robberies are more common in the early morning hours, on Fridays and in the South. Interesting ....

Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
EVERY DAY, more than 6,000/year - and not all are reported to the FBI.

Years ago I read somewhere that bank robberies are more common in the early morning hours, on Fridays and in the South. Interesting ....
I can't avoid the "South" factor, but I can avoid morning hours and Fridays, lol. Very interesting, saralee! I am stunned there are that many a year. I wonder what the % is of robbers who are brought to justice? I read somewhere that the average haul was not even that high - just a couple thousand dollars, but then - maybe banks don't want us to know how much money they lose due to robberies!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM

14 posts, read 21,710 times
Yesp! There's over three hundred a year in Hawaii....and no place to go!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaulibio View Post
Yesp! There's over three hundred a year in Hawaii....and no place to go!!!
Okay, that is crazy! You would think folks on an island would be more concerned with eventually getting caught up with, just b/c of cameras and photos posted all over the media! unreal

There must be people out there all over the USA who get away with robbing banks! I always thought it was the dumbest of all crimes, and doubtful folks would get away with it, but I believe I was wrong.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,361,008 times
I think I was always told by my friends that worked as tellers that robberies were really not that uncommon and they were told to give the robbers money without causing much of a scene. I think a lot of times it's just someone going up to one teller with a gun under their shirt and giving them a note demanding money.

But as was mentioned, they probably don't get much money out of it and it can probably be tracked in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte