Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM

33 posts, read 78,170 times

Advertisements

I live in South Charlotte Marvin, can anyone recommend someone reliable to install outdoor lighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,139,508 times
You want someone to come and put up your Christmas lights for you?

Old 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,241,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
You want someone to come and put up your Christmas lights for you?
You may not be aware that there are people who do this for a living, from design to installation, and not just for wealthy people. I've run across a few in my work, but unfortunately don't have any recommendations.

OP-any handyman could do this for a reasonable fee. Maybe you have or know someone that does odd jobs around your or friend's homes?

EDIT-I should clarify that when I said any handyman could do it, I meant that if you already have your decorations and just need them put up/on/in, any handyman can do that. The design part may take some talent and experience, just like a designer/decorator has.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 12-05-2011 at 03:01 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM

564 posts, read 1,455,329 times
I rented a cherry Picker this weekend and did my house. Cheap daily rental and much safer then the ladder. It was fun to do and looks great. My wife did think I was nuts but hey she married me and new I did the crazy light thing.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:58 PM

714 posts, read 2,308,119 times
Along the same lines, can anyone recommend someone who does those beautiful wreaths in windows? Not for this year, as I haven't "come into money", but I've heard there are professionals who do that. I'd love to do that for my house, but all the wreaths I find in stores are too puny.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,804,156 times
Youngs Garden Center in Indian Land made some really nice wreaths for us this year. They were MUCH cheaper than the stuff in Michaels and Black Lion and just as pretty

Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,139,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
You may not be aware that there are people who do this for a living, from design to installation, and not just for wealthy people. I've run across a few in my work, but unfortunately don't have any recommendations.

OP-any handyman could do this for a reasonable fee. Maybe you have or know someone that does odd jobs around your or friend's homes?

EDIT-I should clarify that when I said any handyman could do it, I meant that if you already have your decorations and just need them put up/on/in, any handyman can do that. The design part may take some talent and experience, just like a designer/decorator has.
Was not aware! I guess if you have the money, then by all means hire a local person. Why would you need a designer, though?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,241,830 times
Quote:
Was not aware! I guess if you have the money, then by all means hire a local person. Why would you need a designer, though?
For the same reason that some people use designers or decorators for their homes in general. These people are trained and experienced in putting together all the right elements to achieve the client's goal. That goal may be redecorating a kitchen, or in this case planning all the lights, wreaths, holiday displays, etc., to make one's home beautiful for the holidays. Some people don't have the time, ability, or inclination to do this themselves, and as you say, if you can afford it, why not? Assumedly they will do a better job than you or I could do. Well, definitely better than I could do.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,122,560 times
How does that work? Do they come in to your house and decorate or do you tell them what goes where etc.?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM

116 posts, read 256,055 times
Quote:
To offer ideas of how it could be properly done to match the house, neighbourhood and your preferences. Anybody can put some lights outside but more often than not they are a sore eye for the designers.
Same reason people use a garden/house designer, it takes educated knowledge to match styles, color - all within a given budget that only a designer can offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: