Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Wallace was more 'klutz' than 'clutch'. He was consistent in missing WIDE OPEN 12ft jumpers and rarely if ever carried the team during a game the way Jackson does. Henderson looks like a good player and his style reminds me of the Knicks legend Walt Frazier.
I wasn't going to go there, but you said what I didn't want to. I'm actually very excited to see Gerald Henderson step into a starting role. People talking about Gerald Wallace making the Allstar Game last year...uhhhh...he didn't make it this year! Gerald Walace's numbers are, what they are. There's a ton of players in the league who can give you what he gives a team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It isn't just about scoring. Wallace provides great athletism and high energy. He provides solid defense, plenty of boards (way more than other guys at his position/height), some steals and blocks. He is totally a franchise player. He has been on the team and it's leader since the franchise was created. How is that not a franchise player...
You're calling a guy who didn't even make the Allstar Game this year a franchise player. When the Hornets where here, they constantly kept a player on the All Star roster. I used to allways say the Bobcats didn't have one player on their team who you could say with certainty could go to any other team in the league and start. Wallace was a good player and a great representative for the team. But people need to keep this in perspective. People are acting like we're Cleveland and we just lost Labron

Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
You're calling a guy who didn't even make the Allstar Game this year a franchise player. When the Hornets where here, they constantly kept a player on the All Star roster. I used to allways say the Bobcats didn't have one player on their team who you could say with certainty could go to any other team in the league and start. Wallace was a good player and a great representative for the team. But people need to keep this in perspective. People are acting like we're Cleveland and we just lost Labron
I wouldn't base the All Star rosters on who is a great player is. You do realize the best rebounder in the league wasn't originally selected for the All Star Game (i.e. Kevin Love). You also realize that the All Star team for the East took 4 Boston Celtics players, none of them voted in by fans; none of them better than some other omitted players. The All Star game is/has always been a game that takes the most famous names (not necessarily the best players) and puts them in the game; hence why Yao Ming gets voted in every year even though he hasn't played regularly in 2+ years.

You will see it was like losing a Lebron when we start losing even more than we have been.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You will see it was like losing a Lebron when we start losing even more than we have been.
Remember that the Bobcats are winning 43/44% of their games in the Eastern Conference which is the weaker of the two conferences. We MAY have the 8 ranked team when the season is over securing us a playoff spot. But just like last year a sweep will almost be inevitable but the Bobcats will still be called a 'playoff' team. Really? Might as well drop some salary, pick up some first round draft picks and have a good look at how your team responds and who steps up when a 'marquee' player leaves. A good team ranked 4th or 5th in the division that gives a scare into the 'elite' teams during the playoffs are what draws excitement and should be the next baby step for the franchise. Unsure if MJ is capable of building that type of team.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
[quote=ncopus99;18025922]

The Bulls have history (Jordan, championships, Pippen, etc), which attracts players to want to play for them. Hence, how they pulled the star Carlos Boozer. In addition, they have good draft history... guys like Rose, Noah, Aldridge, Hinrich, Gordon, Gibson.

The Bobcats, on the other hand, are poor drafters and are in a small market with zero history. It will tough to get a good player in, let alone keep them. Wallace has been vocal through the whole process stating he would have stayed as long as we would have him, which you don't find in a lot of players.

QUOTE]

History will only take you so far....The Celtics were terrible for many years (in the 90's like the Bulls were in the '00's......

Again, the Bobcats can be successful if they build a strong core...

They were getting there, but I don't think this is a bad move at all.....

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,235 times
ncopus99 you simply don't understand do you? Just bc. they have drafted bad in the past doesn't mean you are going to do it again. I would rather get some good players in the future than make the playoffs this year. It's about winning championships, not keeping players around that allow you to barely make the playoffs.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM

106 posts, read 263,250 times
I could of sworn the all star game was based on votes not just fame but fame does play a role, yao ming gets in every year because he's from china they out number the US in population sk that means "votes" they support Yao extremely well hell forever get the most votes out of every player in the NBA. For the Kevin love argument I didn't know he was the best rebounder in the league because for one minesota is a small market so its like charlotte I never notice the Timberwolves exist because of lack of exposure. If your right about him being the number 1 rebounder I the league on the stats then I'm pretty sure his name was on the ballot (didn't vote this year so I wouldn't know). Gerald Wallace didn't have an all star season this year anyway but he has got more national coverage this year then last year infact the whole bobcats have been on espn for top plays a lot. To the history comment hmm... Chicago is one of the biggest markets in the NBA, 20k attendance every game, has WGN showing there games every weekend huge city, idk if it was like that when Jordan was playing but regardless it would of got that history eventually, these superstars of today look for places where they can get endorsements and fame. Charlotte has to really find that one superstar that's gonna change the whole image of the bobcats to make thére small market into a oklohoma city, new Orleans type of team with a legit fanbase until then aint nobody from the cats gonna be making allstar teams unless there's a winning product on the floor that can gain respect in the NBA

Old 02-25-2011, 01:20 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,422 times
All Star starters are based on votes. The reserves are selected by the coaches.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM

I only mentioned the Allstar game because people complaining about this trade have said, "He was our only Allstar". Not just on this board, but on talk radio too. The fact that he made the Allstar team one year is insignificant to me. I look at his stats, and his stats are not those of a "franchise player".

Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Tonight so far you can tell these guys are completely lost without him. How many wide open layups did these guys miss? Tons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte