Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Yes, all teams (Charlotte, NY, and Boston) records since trades have been terrible. Not denying it. All I was stating is those victories aren't as impressive as if they happened prior to the trades. Both Boston and NY are locks but based on play since both of their trades, they should see early exits. Just sayin...

Gerald who? Oh he is the guy who dropped 40 points on Kevin Durant last night... I guess you didn't see that (or "left out intentionally?").
I'm sure the payrolls of NY and Boston FAR exceed that of Charlotte, just sayin. Beating them back to back with 'scrubs' and a not so healthy 'franchise player' is impressive.
You're right, I intentionally left out ANY Wallace news since I don't have a man crush on a malcontent who lead a revolt to have HIS coach fired. Coach Silas rid himself of the cancer and the franchise saved $7,000,000 and picked up some future picks, Charlotte WINS, Charlotte WINS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
I'm sure the payrolls of NY and Boston FAR exceed that of Charlotte, just sayin. Beating them back to back with 'scrubs' and a not so healthy 'franchise player' is impressive.
Stephen Jackson a franchise player... lol... what a funny statement.

As for NY and Boston's pay role... at least they have stars there so people show up to the games and support the team. Far from what the Bobcats have.

Quote:
You're right, I intentionally left out ANY Wallace news since I don't have a man crush on a malcontent who lead a revolt to have HIS coach fired.
Yeah Wallace got Brown fired Seriously, Jordan fired Brown because the team didn't live up to last season. Here is a nice article read on the situation: Larry Brown is out as Charlotte Bobcats coach - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports . Based on this, the person writing the article stated just right the new coach has actually done worse since taking over.

Wallace has been on the way out the door ever since Rod Higgins was hired as GM. Higgins never wanted him here. He has been linked in trade rumors since his arrival.

Quote:
Coach Silas rid himself of the cancer and the franchise saved $7,000,000 and picked up some future picks, Charlotte WINS, Charlotte WINS.
Let me correct your statement:
"Coach Silas rid himself of the Franchise player and the franchise saved $7,000,000 in a salary dump and picked up some future picks that we will waste. Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte WINS, Charlotte WINS. "

Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,802 times
I really hate when people revise history.

Wallace didn't lead any player revolt against Brown.

Silas didn't ride himself of Wallace. Silas likes Wallace.

Wallace was respected by most in the organization. No one saw him as some cancer.

Let's move on people. He has been traded. It is time to move forward.

Quote:
Stephen Jackson a franchise player... lol... what a funny statement.

As for NY and Boston's pay role... at least they have stars there so people show up to the games and support the team. Far from what the Bobcats have.

Yeah Wallace got Brown fired Seriously, Jordan fired Brown because the team didn't live up to last season. Here is a nice article read on the situation: Larry Brown is out as Charlotte Bobcats coach - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports . Based on this, the person writing the article stated just right the new coach has actually done worse since taking over.

Wallace has been on the way out the door ever since Rod Higgins was hired as GM. Higgins never wanted him here. He has been linked in trade rumors since his arrival.

Let me correct your statement:
"Coach Silas rid himself of the Franchise player and the franchise saved $7,000,000 in a salary dump and picked up some future picks that we will waste. Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte LOSES, Charlotte WINS, Charlotte WINS. "

Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 AM

214 posts, read 399,219 times
Who are these Bobcats that you guys speak of?? Is this some kind of AAU team or something?

Last edited by jwp1983; 03-28-2011 at 11:20 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,422 times
It looks like despite Jordan's best efforts for the Bobcats to miss the playoffs this year, they're still contending for the 8th spot.

When you look at the team's lineup on paper, you're left scratching your head as to how they could possibly have beaten a team like Boston and even New York.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1983 View Post
Who are these Bobcats that you guys speak of?? Is this some kind of AAU team or something?
They are just some cats used to be owned by a guy named Bob.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 PM

214 posts, read 399,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
They are just some cats used to be owned by a guy named Bob.

I knew it.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM

575 posts, read 1,515,695 times
GERALD HENDERSON, the next franchise player for the Bobcats! That $7,000,000 in the bank and the extra draft picks laying around are looking better and better.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,285 times
Gerald Henderson is good enough to start. He's been looking really good and scored the Bobcats last 7 points last night. CLUCH

Old 03-29-2011, 08:02 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times
Quote:
Gerald who? Oh he is the guy who dropped 40 points on Kevin Durant last night... I guess you didn't see that (or "left out intentionally?").
LOL! They lost that game. Gerrald should have passed the ball more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte