Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,425,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
I am trying to get the best of both worlds for my family. We love to play outside, ride our bikes, and go to the pool. We love to pull out the bbq pit with the neighbors. We also want to go into the "city" or find a fantastic restaurant for a nice date night. What I mean about competitive in Nova is that parents here tend to rattle off their children's resume after knowing them for five minutes. I was referrring to Asian and Indians to illustrate my point about diversity. With this, the competiveness in the schools happens as well.
You should be able to find that type of "neighborhood" feeling with a lot of the developments in Huntersville/Mooresville. Date night may or may not require a trip to Charlotte proper, but not necessarily. Museum visits will certainly mean the city.

Charlotte is pretty diverse, though certainly not to the extent that DC is. This will also vary depending on where you live. I would *assume* that Huntersville and Mooresville will be less diverse than lots of other areas in and around CLT, though.

We don't have any kids, so I can't comment on the whole "child's resume" thing. I can see how that would be incredibly annoying, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:22 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,997,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
Can you be more specific? Are you saying that going into Charlotte for a baseball game or musuem will be a let down? Or are you referring to the people? It is very diverse and competitive here. Many of our doctors are Indian and Asian. Everyone is so busy.
You can't see a baseball game in Charlotte. You'll have to drive to Fort Mill to Knights Stadium to watch a game.

As far as doctors are concerned there are plenty of Indians & Asians at CMC Main.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,461,129 times
^It's the South Atlantic League but the Kannapolis Intimidators would be closer.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM

525 posts, read 1,806,282 times
The big differences and things I miss about DC and don't miss

I miss:
Annapolis, Baltimore, Fredericksburg, St. Mary's City, DC, the sense of history in these places, the historical buildings/landmarks, battlefields..just a sense of history and FOOD!!! (CRABSmmmm)
I don't miss the traffic! the crazy drivers...we have our own brand here though but we do not have beltway traffic.

If you live in the district Charlotte woudl be a culture shock.
And I have seen the child thing go on here too..anytime you have kids in competitive type sports it happens. I could care less what your child has done or you've "encouraged" them to do....
I like Charlotte though...at times I would like to move to NOVA but then I think..not really?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,372,828 times
The kid thing happens everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte