Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 PM

6,080 posts, read 9,110,796 times

Advertisements

Sheetz opened its 40th store in WV today, and plans more in the Charleston area and through out the state!

Sheetz says more stores in valley possible* - Business - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

No word on the start date of the Kanawha City location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Ssshhhh, don't tell everyone about this one. I don't want long lines for my milkshakes!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
Ssshhhh, don't tell everyone about this one. I don't want long lines for my milkshakes!
Silk, you've got it made now! Now you can go to Sheetz every morning on your commute from Winfield

Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Sheetz opened its 40th store in WV today, and plans more in the Charleston area and through out the state!

Sheetz says more stores in valley possible* - Business - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

No word on the start date of the Kanawha City location
I like to stop at Sheetz for a sandwich when I'm traveling. I'm glad they came south to give Go-Mart and 7-11 a little competition.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 PM

13 posts, read 23,118 times
Chris, have you heard where in K.C. the Sheetz is suppose to go? I had always heard that it would take the lot beside Hooters, where ChiChi's used to be, but they turned that into a parking lot for the new Highland complex. Now I have no idea, and I can't find that proposed plans anywhere. All I know is that construction is ideally suppose to start within the next calendar year.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDurham View Post
Chris, have you heard where in K.C. the Sheetz is suppose to go? I had always heard that it would take the lot beside Hooters, where ChiChi's used to be, but they turned that into a parking lot for the new Highland complex. Now I have no idea, and I can't find that proposed plans anywhere. All I know is that construction is ideally suppose to start within the next calendar year.
It is supposed to be in the lot right beside the new parking lot. It really doesn't look big enough, but maybe they can make it work. I can't find plans either, just news paper articles.

I think Sheetz should build on the other end of Kanawha City. Near 36th street bridge?

Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 PM

13 posts, read 23,118 times
I don't care where it is per se, as long as Charleston gets one (or three). Though if they want a LOT of business they'll put it as close to UC as they can.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDurham View Post
I don't care where it is per se, as long as Charleston gets one (or three). Though if they want a LOT of business they'll put it as close to UC as they can.
100% agree, the only late night options on that side of Kanawha City are Subway, Wendy's and McDonalds. If you need gas or a convenience store, it's a pretty good hike.

CAMC Memorial, UC, Columbia Gas and Frontier are all 24 hour operations and there is a lot of activity all hours of the night in that area. It blows my mind there isn't more options near 35th Street Bridge. I guess one of the hurdles is lack of available real estate, since UC and CAMC have been gobbling up lots anytime they become avail.

4 years ago before Sheetz discussed moving to the Metro Valley, i had been in touch with their corporate office about possible expansion to this area of the state, and mentioned to them that i thought South Charleston right off the MacCorckle Avenue exit would be ideal, adjacent to Wendy's in that parking lot near the interstate bridge. But you know what they told me then? Charleston and Huntington are too far away from our distributors. Funny, because a year later they begin construction on several locations in the area.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
100% agree, the only late night options on that side of Kanawha City are Subway, Wendy's and McDonalds. If you need gas or a convenience store, it's a pretty good hike.

CAMC Memorial, UC, Columbia Gas and Frontier are all 24 hour operations and there is a lot of activity all hours of the night in that area. It blows my mind there isn't more options near 35th Street Bridge. I guess one of the hurdles is lack of available real estate, since UC and CAMC have been gobbling up lots anytime they become avail.

4 years ago before Sheetz discussed moving to the Metro Valley, i had been in touch with their corporate office about possible expansion to this area of the state, and mentioned to them that i thought South Charleston right off the MacCorckle Avenue exit would be ideal, adjacent to Wendy's in that parking lot near the interstate bridge. But you know what they told me then? Charleston and Huntington are too far away from our distributors. Funny, because a year later they begin construction on several locations in the area.
To be honest Sheetz is missing out on alot of business in Charleston. You'd think they would have opened up along time ago due to the fact that other than a few One Stops, and a couple others, there is not really any nice gas stations.

I think Sheetz could find a good home in any of the following locations. Not saying all of them though LOL

near 35th st bridge
near mall in kanawha city
Washington St East across from Moses in empty lot
Corridor G, anywhere
Patrick St Bridge area West Side
Mink Shoals exit
Montrose exit
empty lot across from McDonalds South Charleston
St Albans, anywhere
Cross lanes, end of parking lot for big sandy superstore warehouse
Quincy

Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,827,979 times
Sheetz seems quite bullish on the West Virginia market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston