Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
I don't really like her either or think she's particularly attractive. Her popularity didn't go through the roof until she hooked up with Brad Pitt and started milking the "power couple" thing for all it was worth. Before all that she was basically a freak girl married to some nasty dude that was old enough to be her father...and was much more interesting then I'd say.
I don't think it was so much of their image as a power couple it was the fact that she broke up Brad & Jennifer. If he'd been single when they hooked up I doubt they would have been as popular, not against TomKat & Bennifer What gets me with her donations is the majority of them go toward other countries; I would just think she would give more to the people who actually make her famous. I'm not too up to date on her giving though so I might be wrong, but it seems like she's always in another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What gets me with her donations is the majority of them go toward other countries; I would just think she would give more to the people who actually make her famous. I'm not too up to date on her giving though so I might be wrong, but it seems like she's always in another country.
My feelings too.
Why doesn't she donate to pediatric cancer like Jennifer Anniston does?

Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,775 times
I'll say this: I remember The Bone Collector. She was SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM

295 posts, read 667,555 times
She's won a Golden globe and an Oscar. Her peers at least think she's talented.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My feelings too.
Why doesn't she donate to pediatric cancer like Jennifer Anniston does?
I don't really care what American charity she donates to but it's like how many people in Somalia bought tickets to see Tomb Raider? Show a little love to the people who love you.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Okay - here are my thoughts about AJ...(can't believe i'm investing my time writing this, but here it is...)

She is a very beautiful and talented actress. She started in such movies as "Girl Interrupted" where she was nominated for Oscars (she was phenomenal in that movie) and "Gia". She was good in most of her movies and I enjoyed watching her.
She was famous WAY before Brad. That's just a fact...and even if she didn't marry him, her career would still be blossoming.

Initially, I was angry that she basically broke Brad and Jennifer's marriage, however, after few years of them together, and seeing them adopting children and helping other countries...I realized, they make a much better couple then Brad and Jen. They love the same things, they both love flying, they both love living dangerously (bike riding etc...), they both make huge contributions towards other countries (and let's NOT FORGET...how much Brad does for the city of New Orleans...for all those who criticize them for helping third world countries only).
He met AJ at the set of the movie and they fell in love. Is that a crime? Sometimes some people just click better, obviously there were rocky mountains in Brad/Jen marriage already.

So bottom line - I am back on Angelina's team...I think she is great.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:52 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
She is a very beautiful and talented actress. She started in such movies as "Girl Interrupted" where she was nominated for Oscars (she was phenomenal in that movie) and "Gia". She was good in most of her movies and I enjoyed watching her.
She was famous WAY before Brad. That's just a fact...and even if she didn't marry him, her career would still be blossoming.

...they both make huge contributions towards other countries (and let's NOT FORGET...how much Brad does for the city of New Orleans...for all those who criticize them for helping third world countries only).
He met AJ at the set of the movie and they fell in love. Is that a crime? Sometimes some people just click better, obviously there were rocky mountains in Brad/Jen marriage already.

So bottom line - I am back on Angelina's team...I think she is great.
Agreed. This makes about four of us on this thread.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
those useless awards are won by campaigning for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelgirl View Post
She's won a Golden globe and an Oscar. Her peers at least think she's talented.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
No, not true, not even a little. Brad has been hugely famous since 1991. No one had even heard of Angelina till the late '90s. And there is so much to hear and to "love" about her clearly some of you people are a little starstruck.

YouTube - ANGELINA JOLIE ENJOYS SEXY SERPENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Is anyone else out there as sick of hearing about Angelina Jolie as I am? Yeah sure shes pretty, mediocre actress, adopted a couple of kids, and shes married to Brad Pitt. But whats so special about her.
IMO she is a less than stellar actress, a home wrecker, egomaniacally B****. I don't know who I feel sorry for more, her father Jon Voight, or those kids who now have HER as a mother.
Yeah there is really something off about her in general and the whole adoption thing.

I'm predicting one of those kids will pen a tell tale book that will make
"Mommie Dearest" seem tame.

She can hire octomon to be her face double
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities