Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else out there as sick of hearing about Angelina Jolie as I am? Yeah sure shes pretty, mediocre actress, adopted a couple of kids, and shes married to Brad Pitt. But whats so special about her.
IMO she is a less than stellar actress, a home wrecker, egomaniacally B****. I don't know who I feel sorry for more, her father Jon Voight, or those kids who now have HER as a mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
I dont get how she is a home wrecker. Did she break up a happy family?. Seems her crime is falling in love with a man who also loves her.

Don't really watch her movies as much, but at least she does charity work and helps these children she has adopted, which is more important than shopping on Rodeo Drive.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,985,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I dont get how she is a home wrecker. Did she break up a happy family?. Seems her crime is falling in love with a man who also loves her.

Don't really watch her movies as much, but at least she does charity work and helps these children she has adopted, which is more important than shopping on Rodeo Drive.
Alright I like Jolie just as much as any red-blooded American man would... but her past actions do fit the definitation of a home wrecker... at the very least she played the role of "the other woman," and succinctly ended someone else's marriage.

Other than that one character flaw or single example of a lack of judgement she seems to be a good person who I think acts & entertains well, has altruistically adopted several children, and who appears to spend significant time with her husband raising moneyfor or giving to charity. None of those are bad things

Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Alright I like Jolie just as much as any red-blooded American man would... but her past actions do fit the definitation of a home wrecker... at the very least she played the role of "the other woman," and succinctly ended someone else's marriage.

Other than that one character flaw or single example of a lack of judgement she seems to be a good person who I think acts & entertains well, has altruistically adopted several children, and who appears to spend significant time with her husband raising moneyfor or giving to charity. None of those are bad things
marriages end for many different reasons. We have no idea of the truth, and never will since tabloids and news media fabricate stories.

IMO Pitt seems happy, and had a film career, as did Jolie. I never got the Pitt/Aniston marriage, it seemed like a PR stunt. They never looked happy in pictures together, I would scarcely call it a "happy family".

I give Jolie credit for at least helping kids, which is more than most of Hollywood does in its narcissistic environment.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
Her brother seems to like her.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
she didn't marry brad pitt

Old 11-21-2007, 12:47 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Yes, I do think Angelina's overrated. I liked a few of her earlier movies, especially Gia, Girl Interrupted, and Foxfire, but she really hasn't done anything worthwhile in a long time. I know she has an Oscar, and she could be a great actress if she wanted to be one, but it just seems she's given up on the quality roles and pictures, instead choosing to star in movies that are basically weak on plot but will score big at the box-office.

I guess now her humanitarian work keeps her in the spot light now more than her role as an actress.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
I don't think she's a particularly good actress, but she doesn't really claim to be. It's just her job and she gets paid for it.

I admire her because she is doing something to help others. And look how she has transformed herself. She use to wear leather pants and wear blood around her neck and do all kinds of outrageous shocking things. Now she dresses conservatively and has become a proper mother and role model for her children. I like that about her.

Greenie

Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,027,192 times
I like her. She is probably too honest to the media about different issues (her suicidal tendancies when young) and gets burned because of it, but maybe that honesty could help someone else in trouble.
Adopts kids - good, donates to charities - good, tries to publicize causes she believes in - good, relatively OK actress, eye candy. Nothing wrong with any of it.

I'm not obsessively interested in her personal life. Presumably Brad Pitt has good reasons for being with her and having a family with her. They seem like a nice couple and their children seem well cared for and have their parents constant companionship. No idea about his previous marriage, that is between them.

I do think the media have gone overboard in their coverage of them, every supermarket tabloid has them on the cover every week. If you are sick of her, perhaps you should stop reading about her.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
I like her. She is probably too honest to the media about different issues (her suicidal tendancies when young) and gets burned because of it, but maybe that honesty could help someone else in trouble.
Adopts kids - good, donates to charities - good, tries to publicize causes she believes in - good, relatively OK actress, eye candy. Nothing wrong with any of it.

I'm not obsessively interested in her personal life. Presumably Brad Pitt has good reasons for being with her and having a family with her. They seem like a nice couple and their children seem well cared for and have their parents constant companionship. No idea about his previous marriage, that is between them.

I do think the media have gone overboard in their coverage of them, every supermarket tabloid has them on the cover every week. If you are sick of her, perhaps you should stop reading about her.
Good post. I am neutral about her movies, except maybe Gia, which was good.

I assume marriage isnt needed, if she loves him and he loves her- what difference does it make except to the two involved??. Personally I would rather hear about her than the other media whores we hear about- Paris, Britney, etc.

At least Jolie is a good Mom to her kids. That matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities