Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times

Advertisements

city-data has some good/decent people on it.Thats why its my fav site.I like people that like animals.Thank you all for your private messages & replys.Its sooo much different now here at home.Bootsy was the most active cat in my home.Where i was he was.I have actually looked in the bathroom (without thinking) expecting him to be sitting near the sink faucet as he has done for yrs.My household is much quieter now cause my 5 cats are pretty mellow for the most part.Four of them are seniors.I have had 10 cats since 2002.Three died of kidney failure,1 died of cancer & 1 i gave to a friend.I have had cats since 6/89.You dont own your cat(s)...they own you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 AM

182 posts, read 502,803 times
Default RIP Bootsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Bootsy passed away today around 9:30 am.I had him put to sleep.He had chronic kidney failure & im gonna miss him dearly.Bootsy has been with me for a lil over 15 yrs & damn this is tough.My youngest cat has been looking all over for him & shes visably upset.My cats are my family & i love them all.Bootsy was a good loving cat.Im gonna miss him sitting by the bathroom sink & waiting for me to turn it on.Ill also miss the red laser he chased after in the kitchen & livingroom.Only the youngest cat did that with him.The other 4 werent intrested.RIP bootsy...1993-2008.
I'm very sorry for your loss. My Kali cat passed away in July, it broke my heart, I know how you feel. I still miss my little guy.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:06 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
If i didnt love my cat & have compassion i would not of posted this thread.The avg life span of a indoor cat is approx 14 yrs.Some live longer & some shorter.I went through this 3 yrs ago & spent alot of money just for my cat to die less then a week later.Im going to have bootsy put to sleep & end his pain.Its the right thing to do for him.The humain society of San Bernardino is where ill be going to.I didnt know he couldnt pee until today.He has been with me for over 15 yrs & im NOT happy about this.Everyone deals with things in their own way.Just cause i didnt spill my guts DONT mean i dont love my cat.Cmon now.....this is damn painful.Hes a part of my family just like my other cats.He is old & its his time.I have had to put down 3 of my cats thus far & it hurt each time.
I went through this same thing a few years ago with my cat. I brought him to the vet, and they had me give him an I.V. twice a day. I did end up paying a few thousand dollars to keep him alive an extra 4 months, but I don't think it was that much quality of life. This was one of the ways I acquired so much respect for my mother. We always had cats growing up, and my mother used to spoil the cats a bit, they could lie wherever they wanted. She never went nuts if they jumped on the kitchen counter, she just calmly put them down. She always knew when to invest in vet care to keep them healthy, and when not to.

She used to say to me, "Please don't say you don't want any more pets simply because you can't bare the pain of loosing them. If we all felt that way, then all these kittens and puppies would die when they are young, because no one would want them." She attempted to help me with loosing a pet, explaining that all living things have their time, and to celebrate the time we had with them. It is very hard though, our pets give us love unconditionally--unlike people. I look at my current cat, and I can't imagine my home without him, he is so lovable, and has so much personality. I know he is on this planet for only a short time, this is why I spoil him. I spend the extra money on his favorite food, I make sure his litter is always clean, and he has the run of the house.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:53 PM

129 posts, read 671,014 times
My sympathy for those of you who have lost a pet..I have cats and I love them dearly, they are like our children. I also lost my oldest 3 years ago , he was 17 and had kidney disease. Although he was treated, he lost weight quickly and did not make it..we had him euthanized at a specialty clinic who knew our family. He went peacefully, he was such a proud cat, that not being able to walk , or be functional would have caused him more pain. We love our pets, we do the best we can to care for them and we should not judge others ..it is so painful when the time comes to say goodbye to them that our heart aches. I still cry for him, I miss him as I would miss a person. We grieve for them the same way we would grieve for a loved one..
thank you for sharing and know that my heart goes out to you...

Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,621 times
[quote=eagle7;6129204]Bootsy passed away today around 9:30 am.I had him put to sleep.He had chronic kidney failure & im gonna miss him dearly.QUOTE]

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, as I have gone through it. I'm sure Bootsy had a wonderful life because of people like you who love animals.

God bless

Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
I just had a non member rep. Bootsy has been gone now for 3 1/2 yrs & i still think about him as i have with my other deceased cats. I have pics of him i took before his death that i have yet to get developed. Maybe i will someday. I currently have 5 cats ages 6-15 (maybe older). the oldest 2 are showing their age.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
I have a 9 1/2 year old female cat. I changed her cat food to blue buffalo about 2 weeks ago. Since then about 2 days she has stopped eating. when she normally cant get enough food. I noticed she has lost a lot of weight you can feel her bones when you pet her. shes starting to sleep in our dirty clothes and under beds when she trys to sleep with us. Im also finding her in the bathroom alot more. She did have some loose bowel and vomitting of the food. I wrote the company and they said in 2 to 3 weeks she will be okay. My cat isnt moving its bowels and Im not sure on her peeing either. My cat use to be a friendly needy cat who meets and greets me at the door when I come home now I have to look for her. please help me with answers I cant take her to the vet until monday..
thanks

Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenmurray View Post
I have a 9 1/2 year old female cat. I changed her cat food to blue buffalo about 2 weeks ago. Since then about 2 days she has stopped eating. when she normally cant get enough food. I noticed she has lost a lot of weight you can feel her bones when you pet her. shes starting to sleep in our dirty clothes and under beds when she trys to sleep with us. Im also finding her in the bathroom alot more. She did have some loose bowel and vomitting of the food. I wrote the company and they said in 2 to 3 weeks she will be okay. My cat isnt moving its bowels and Im not sure on her peeing either. My cat use to be a friendly needy cat who meets and greets me at the door when I come home now I have to look for her. please help me with answers I cant take her to the vet until monday..
thanks
Make sure you take her to the vet and find out what's up. I don't think this is only because of the food; that might just be a coincidence. Although if she really didn't like it and has gone two weeks not eating very much then that could be it. But there could be various other things wrong at that age.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,488,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenmurray View Post
thanks
Take your cat in, it could be pancreatitis, we have lost two cats from it that refused to eat. I also lost my dog to pancreatitis just over a month ago. When the animal stops eating, the pancreas starts to consume itself.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:29 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Take your cat in, it could be pancreatitis, we have lost two cats from it that refused to eat. I also lost my dog to pancreatitis just over a month ago. When the animal stops eating, the pancreas starts to consume itself.
Is Your Cat Suffering from Deadly Feline Pancreatitis?

That's exactly what I thought. Boil, not broil, a chicken breast (bland food) NO ONIONS, or garlic, no flavorings, just bland meat. While it won't be "complete nutrition" but that's not the issue right this moment.
Also find a vet that Will prescribe a painkiller, (probably Buprenorphine) taking into account any other medical conditions, but do not agree to Metacam, and have the vet write no Metacam on the front of your cats medical records.

Pain Relief For Cats - Cat Care From The Heart

Buprenorphinen is easy for owners to administer as it is rubbed on the gums.

Fat aggravates panacreatitis, Wellness and Evo (that I'm aware of) seem to aggravate this type of situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats