Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Seriously, I love cats, really do, but the thought of them in humanoid form is kind of terrifying. They already have many of us in servitude as it is...
Yeah, I think I prefer them just the way they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 02:06 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
A few new Nimbus stories...

I once again (masochist that I am) perpetrated the absurdity of trying to do a jigsaw puzzle with a cat in the house.

Nimbus was spotted at one point sitting in the box, on top of the pieces, in cat-loaf position (paws tucked under him) and he gave me a look that said, "What. This is completely normal."

I finished the puzzle last night. I got my phone to take a picture of it, turned around and...nevermind. The cat was sprawled out all over it.

Also, why is it so hilarious when cats are startled, especially by completely harmless things? I'm sorry, but it just is. I had to inflate an air mattress. Between the noise of the pump, and the inflation of this big object there, Nimbus was just not having it. He started rapidly smack-smack-smacking at the air mattress. I reached to shoo him back, and the motion of my hand startled him and he jumped a few feet backwards. Then he sat on the other side of the room, and when he noticed a random object on the floor, he smacked at that, too. (He pretty much only does this when something kind of freaks him out. It's like a cat would endeavor to attack something that could bite him, like a snake.) This behavior read, to me, as "Eff this scary thing! AH! Don't touch me!! And eff this thing over here, too!"

Then last night as I was heading for bed, he caught a case of the friskits. I turned around at my bedroom door to see if he was coming to bed, too (he usually accompanies me everywhere) and he was at the other end of the hall in the living room. He bounced up into the air with all his legs straight and stiff and his tail arched, and then ran sideways at high speed, straight at me down the hall. At the last minute, he veered around me and vanished into the closet. When I turned around to look at him, he ran out of the closet and hid under the bed. I turned off the light and tried to climb into bed, and he momentarily grappled with my feet before zipping out of the room again.

I love sharing my home with such a ridiculous little creature.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 390,516 times
So funny. I just assume my cat is taking videos of me and posting them on the feline version of the internet with captions like "see what my crazy human did today!" , while other cats are giving it a "paw print " like or "5-claw/hiss!" dislike. She makes enough from the clicks to support her gourmet catnip habit. If only she would help with the rent. But I'm lucky she lets me stay and entertain her. Lol.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
A few new Nimbus stories...

I once again (masochist that I am) perpetrated the absurdity of trying to do a jigsaw puzzle with a cat in the house.

Nimbus was spotted at one point sitting in the box, on top of the pieces, in cat-loaf position (paws tucked under him) and he gave me a look that said, "What. This is completely normal."

I finished the puzzle last night. I got my phone to take a picture of it, turned around and...nevermind. The cat was sprawled out all over it.

Also, why is it so hilarious when cats are startled, especially by completely harmless things? I'm sorry, but it just is. I had to inflate an air mattress. Between the noise of the pump, and the inflation of this big object there, Nimbus was just not having it. He started rapidly smack-smack-smacking at the air mattress. I reached to shoo him back, and the motion of my hand startled him and he jumped a few feet backwards. Then he sat on the other side of the room, and when he noticed a random object on the floor, he smacked at that, too. (He pretty much only does this when something kind of freaks him out. It's like a cat would endeavor to attack something that could bite him, like a snake.) This behavior read, to me, as "Eff this scary thing! AH! Don't touch me!! And eff this thing over here, too!"

Then last night as I was heading for bed, he caught a case of the friskits. I turned around at my bedroom door to see if he was coming to bed, too (he usually accompanies me everywhere) and he was at the other end of the hall in the living room. He bounced up into the air with all his legs straight and stiff and his tail arched, and then ran sideways at high speed, straight at me down the hall. At the last minute, he veered around me and vanished into the closet. When I turned around to look at him, he ran out of the closet and hid under the bed. I turned off the light and tried to climb into bed, and he momentarily grappled with my feet before zipping out of the room again.

I love sharing my home with such a ridiculous little creature.
Loving your Nimbus Tales, which btw, is a good title for the book you should write.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat5e View Post
So funny. I just assume my cat is taking videos of me and posting them on the feline version of the internet with captions like "see what my crazy human did today!" , while other cats are giving it a "paw print " like or "5-claw/hiss!" dislike. She makes enough from the clicks to support her gourmet catnip habit. If only she would help with the rent. But I'm lucky she lets me stay and entertain her. Lol.

Oh my..... I really hope you're wrong about that.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:03 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
It is a pleasantly slow day in my life, when all I've got to talk about are the silly things the cat has been up to. I like those days. The days when my teenage sons are not vexing me, my ex husband is not calling, my vehicle isn't acting up, no one has ruffled my feathers on social media, and I've successfully ignored the news.

At least...there is the cat, to keep my life interesting.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:36 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
I can beat this! My cat drug things into the litter box. At first, it seemed she was VERY CONCERNED with covering her waste TOTALLY. I lost a nightshirt and shorts to one of these endeavors.

But then she moved on to litter box art. I woke up to find she had taken everything from a little tub of travel items. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, feminine products, the works. And must have worked all night to get them standing up, shored up by litter the way she wanted.

She had to have two litter boxes. One for waste and one for art. I started getting up when I heard her messing with her art box. She'd do a creation, not like it, and start over. I can't believe I didn't set up a camera and put her on youtube.

She was also a working cat! When the rescue puppy left, the cat went under the bed, under the couch (which was physically really hard to do) gathering all puppy stuff and put it in a pile. I will miss that cat forever. And she had so much to say that I couldn't understand.......

Old 08-05-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
It is a pleasantly slow day in my life, when all I've got to talk about are the silly things the cat has been up to. I like those days. The days when my teenage sons are not vexing me, my ex husband is not calling, my vehicle isn't acting up, no one has ruffled my feathers on social media, and I've successfully ignored the news.

At least...there is the cat, to keep my life interesting.
Yeah. Just imagine dealing with all those daily trials and tribulations, and not having a cat in your life.
Kinda scary, huh.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I can beat this! My cat drug things into the litter box. At first, it seemed she was VERY CONCERNED with covering her waste TOTALLY. I lost a nightshirt and shorts to one of these endeavors.

But then she moved on to litter box art. I woke up to find she had taken everything from a little tub of travel items. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, feminine products, the works. And must have worked all night to get them standing up, shored up by litter the way she wanted.

She had to have two litter boxes. One for waste and one for art. I started getting up when I heard her messing with her art box. She'd do a creation, not like it, and start over. I can't believe I didn't set up a camera and put her on youtube.

She was also a working cat! When the rescue puppy left, the cat went under the bed, under the couch (which was physically really hard to do) gathering all puppy stuff and put it in a pile. I will miss that cat forever. And she had so much to say that I couldn't understand.......
This cat you speak of.... are you sure she wasn't secretly communicating with the mother ship, or maybe practicing some kind of feline voodoo on you, with that litter box art/ritual. ? Fascinating behavior, to say the least.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
This cat you speak of.... are you sure she wasn't secretly communicating with the mother ship, or maybe practicing some kind of feline voodoo on you, with that litter box art/ritual. ?
She was just special! Artists have to do art........

Quote:
Fascinating behavior, to say the least.
Very. They were going to euth her for being too shy for adoptions, so a plea went out and I thought 'there is something special about her - I'm on my way.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats