Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 05:03 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

He's such a beautiful boy. I bet his former people actually knew he was sick for a long time and didn't want the expense or bother of getting him necessary medical help.

How can we emphasise to would-be pet adopters that it is a lifelong committment...not till you don't want them anymore?
I'm sure folks on these forums are aware of this-at least I would hope so. But how can we let the general public know without standing on the corner with a sign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 06:08 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
If they care, they know.
If they don't care, they can't know. It's beyond their comprehension.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:25 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Unfortunately, no kudzu, by the way you posted this link, with no explanation of whether this is/was your kitty or not, you seem to have created a thread with responses blaming you for the unfortunate fate of this poor cat. I, for one, jumped to the same conclusion and posted a nasty comment aimed at what I perceived as you having a hard heart and that you are buying a new sofa and dumping the cat.
Your original post garnered several more posts aimed at your heartlessness, undeserved so we have found out.

Please accept my own apologies for getting 'set off' against what seemed to be your own doing. You should have told everyone that the Facebook comments below the photo were directed at someone else. Next time, please explain in more detail where you personally stand on such a hotbed issue. I can't even watch the SPCA or Humane Society ads on TV ! and I wish they would be banned. We all know about the cruelty and beyond cruelty that exists, it is heartbreaking. I contribute as much as possible to local shelters and compassionate pet care facilities in my own area. The money goes directly to the animals and not advertising agencies.

Please folks, donate to your local shelters with money or food for the animals. They are helpless.
My first reaction when I saw the title of the thread was to start boiling blood. Then I saw who it was that posted it, and I knew it wasn't her, because I know her posting history. Sometimes we need to take a moment and look at the actual post, what is being posted, read the link, to see what's going on.

As for this particular subject, I have to go with catdad on this one: It's too hot, and I just do not have the energy right now to go off on a tirade about..no, not going there. Disgusted is an extreme understatement for how I feel about things like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats