Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM

401 posts, read 1,733,244 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Here is my story. I found three kittens in my backyard. I fed them and took good care of them. Finally, I gave two kittens away (adoption). The bad part is that now one is left and I saw her and she looks very very sad. The other problem is that I cannot even catch her. I would be more happy if all three (brothers and sisters) were adopted by the same person at the same time.

I guess the only thing I can do is to feed her and take care of her. She is all alone in the back yard. Sometimes her mother visits but I don't think her mother has any interest in her.

There is also a male cat which comes around. Maybe the male cat will have interest in the poor black cat and they can start a new life.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Call a local rescue and ask if you can borrow a kitten trap. The rescue will most likely offer vaccinations and spay/neuter.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:46 PM

@Racelady88,

Thanks! Well, I can catch her (sometimes) when she is eating and I can get her vaccinated and everything. I just feel really bad that now she is all ALONE

Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
I was almost afraid to look at this thread after seeing the title. It isn't as depressing as I feared.

How old is the little one? I hope you can do something for it.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 PM

The little one is around 5-6 months old.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,466 times
You can't bring her in and keep her? Or maybe find someone who already has a young cat that she could play with?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
If you haven't already, please do have her spayed as soon as you can. She's at the age where she could be going into heat before too long, and you don't want to be having to find more homes for more kittens.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:00 AM

@J-CityRelo,

I love cats and if it was up to me my house would be filled with cats. Unfortunately, my wife is allergic to cats so I cannot keep her in. I also tried to find someone who wants to adopt the young cat but I was not able to find anyone.

@beachmouse,

Yes, I will get her spayed!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,466 times
I don't know if you have a good relationship with your vet but perhaps they could help you rehome her? My vet does this for her clients. Usually they put the kitty in a large dog crate in the lobby.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamsharp View Post
Hi,

Here is my story. I found three kittens in my backyard. I fed them and took good care of them. Finally, I gave two kittens away (adoption). The bad part is that now one is left and I saw her and she looks very very sad. The other problem is that I cannot even catch her. I would be more happy if all three (brothers and sisters) were adopted by the same person at the same time.

I guess the only thing I can do is to feed her and take care of her. She is all alone in the back yard. Sometimes her mother visits but I don't think her mother has any interest in her.

There is also a male cat which comes around. Maybe the male cat will have interest in the poor black cat and they can start a new life.

No NO, this is not a good thing. We don't want any more new lives being started. There are too many already. You yourself are dealing with someone else's irresponsibility by taking care of these kittens.

Please do get her in and get her spayed before she gets pregnant. And she WILL get pregnant, if she isn't already. A pregnant 5 month old kitten is a very bad thing.

And if you can, once you have the kitten done, trap the mother and have her done, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats