Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Today I noticed that 2x he did not eat his food and that he threw up what looked like white foam.

He is not lethargic but he is also not his usual tear- around- the house self, either. He is not jumping all over Kitty Katty.

I did see him doing something like coughing a few minutes ago as well. I don't think he could have gotten a hold of something and ate it, but it is always a possibility. I do not see him every minute of the day.

SO does not know if he ate his morning food or yesterday evening food. It is kind of hard to tell sometimes because they switch bowls, etc.

I am hoping it is not more than just an upset stomach. He is moving his bowels and urinating also.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 02:39 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
This sounds scary I said a little prayer for him. Keep us posted, OK?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Better not wait on this too long, especially since you can't be sure how long it's been since he's eaten. I hope the little guy just has a little upset tummy and will be feeling better soon, but keep a close eye on him and yes, do keep us updated!

Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
I remember the white foam relating to excess stomach acid in a CKD cat, but there are other things it can be so you might try calling the vet and see what they say, before we get into after-hours territory here. I don't know what to think when this is a kitten. I wouldn't really think it's the stomach acid thing really. But I just don't know.

Never hurts to rule out problems with the vet, except maybe in the pocketbook a little. Vomiting is never normal, but if you said he vomited food, I might let that go once, long as I knew something about his habits (e.g. gobbles food fast, etc.) This foam thing feels a little more serious and worth investigating even on one instance.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:20 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Hope Charlie's feeling better soon!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hope Charlie's feeling better soon!
I second this!!!!! Keep us posted please -- he's such a sweet little guy!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
^^^^ Me too!!! I'm worried about him but glad you noticed relatively soon. If in doubt - check him out. You simply can't watch them every minute of every day - and I certainly hope that baby is feeling better soon!!! Nurse KK to the rescue!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I called the vet earlier. All of this came about/together as I was getting ready to leave for school. I knew he didn't eat his snack and then his lunch. I did know that much. Then I saw him bring up the white foam. I called the vet on the way to school and they told me to watch his fluid intake and asked me if he was lethargic.

Well, he ate his dinner, or rather, he ate Kitty Katty's dinner, (they always switch) and he found his feather toy and has been playing.

He has kept everything down so far so I am going to keep a watchful eye on him. Thank you everyone and I will let you know of any changes.

He is scheduled for neuter on Friday.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:21 PM

585 posts, read 2,015,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
I remember the white foam relating to excess stomach acid in a CKD cat, but there are other things it can be so you might try calling the vet and see what they say, before we get into after-hours territory here. I don't know what to think when this is a kitten. I wouldn't really think it's the stomach acid thing really. But I just don't know.

Never hurts to rule out problems with the vet, except maybe in the pocketbook a little. Vomiting is never normal, but if you said he vomited food, I might let that go once, long as I knew something about his habits (e.g. gobbles food fast, etc.) This foam thing feels a little more serious and worth investigating even on one instance.
Important part above highlighted, most cat owners don't realize (since some of our friends tend to puke often) that vomiting is a serious sign!!

Pikantari, have you recently gotten a new batch of food? Not different food, just a new batch. I notice every 5 or so bags of food I use, the cats have a puking fit from it. It's usually only when I first open the bag and then they are fine but it's definitely scary when 4 cats are barfing at once. Vet tells me it's not a huge deal if it's mostly intact food and rare such as when I first open the bag. But still disconcerting, I hate to think they're eating something that would upset their tummies like that, if rarely...

Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

He is scheduled for neuter on Friday.
Well then, it's just nerves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats