Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 02:11 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyawesometruthsayer View Post
Go look at the photo again. That was taken on the west side of Laurelin with the parking area behind the photographer. If it is a car and not a patch of sky, it's a car passing by on Avenue of the Giants.
There is no question is was a jeep, SUV, truck, etc.. That's why we dealt with your earlier reply and bigfoot rhetoric. Now regarding your last reply, we need to dismiss the vocabulary "car" interjected. There is also parking alongside main roads too. Apparently this detail strikes enough of a chord to interject something, rather than continued education on soil compaction. etc..

As a photographer, I would like to add for others reading, that the shutter speed required to reasonably capture and expose the redwood, should not capture a moving vehicle with sharp crisp details. Crisp detail is indicative of a stationary vehicle. And in this case, with outlines similar to SUV, truck, Jeep, etc.. And speaking of details, the real, obvious and abundant sky iswas all "blown" exposure, a detail not inserted with the "if" and "west" etc..

Here's what happens when a car is passing or moving down the road when the redwoods are the subject of attention. The blur will be less pronounced during a brighter day. But even people blur when they move, let alone vehicles.

Attached Thumbnails
Hyperion: Tallest Redwood: Heard hide or hair? Scuttlebutt?-lights_1200.jpg  

Last edited by mdvaden; 03-13-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 03-13-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Mr. Vaden you did an outstanding job exposing the likely vehicle of FR aka totallyanonymoustroll aka Montclairion. FR sure enjoys having conversations with himself and making lame posts that lack all common sense.
The past few days, I shared with a couple others that this thread was getting old and that I was planning to let it slide by the way side, having already shared enough information already. So my posts may become close to nil, unless some new facet appears. Otherwise, redundant statements by one or two supportive of increased wear and tear get as old after a while as the wear and tear on the redwoods.

PS ...

Just finished some significant image, information and comment updates to several redwood pages recently. May write a blog post about it soon, amidst some light accounting for work stuff.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 AM

225 posts, read 469,582 times
Glad to see that this thread has died out. Mr. Vaden made such strong points and exposed the vehicle of FR. As a result, Montclairion and totallyanonymoustroll (aka FR) have crawled back into their holes and been stunned speechless. They have basically admitted by their silence that Mr. Vaden's logic was correct and very sound.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:24 PM

6 posts, read 18,819 times
"bigfoot rhetoric.

Shame on you, you just crossed the line Mister !!! You know damn well Big Foot, Squachiee, aka John is alive and well. That chick up in Eureka says they are going to start a family soon!!!!

Happy Trails guys.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:28 AM

123 posts, read 173,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Glad to see that this thread has died out. Mr. Vaden made such strong points and exposed the vehicle of FR. As a result, Montclairion and totallyanonymoustroll (aka FR) have crawled back into their holes and been stunned speechless. They have basically admitted by their silence that Mr. Vaden's logic was correct and very sound.
Yes, Old Man, you are absolutely right - simply stunned speechless by the genius of Vaden and your soundmindedness.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairion View Post
Yes, Old Man, you are absolutely right - simply stunned speechless by the genius of Vaden and your soundmindedness.
I don't feel like a genius, although I did help instruct you a few times during this thread. Including the simple the photography lesson last time around.

Odds are I have about 30 full time professional years head start on you, but don't feel the hurdle to learn is insurmountable. Maybe after 10 years of professional training and a few years of college you can get up to speed with some of the better experts if you feel like a change to the horticulture and tree care profession.

For all other geniuses and non-geniuses out there, I just updated two pages this week with some significant updates about redwoods and research (or the lack thereof).

Hyperion > Hyperion Redwood. World's Tallest. Redwood National Park.

Year of Discovery > Coast Redwood Discovery. Sequoia sempervirens.

Cheers,
MDV

Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,534,863 times
This thread is really bizarre...or is it just me?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:56 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
This thread is really bizarre...or is it just me?
Not just you.

This thread is crazy.

Entertaining though.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:52 PM

123 posts, read 173,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I did help instruct you a few times during this thread.
Mario, I think your photos are nice, especially that one of the hot blonde doing the splits. And, yes, you do have some nice shots of the trees and the forest. But, really, to be honest with yourself - what you've done is to use this thread as a means of promotion, which is fine I guess, as good as any free internet marketing.

I have no desire whatsoever of becoming a tree or horticulture expert. Though I'd venture to say that it's likely I have as many miles logged hiking through Redwood country as you - probably more.

The fact is simply that I don't buy into your stilted preservationist mindset. Any idiot with even the slightest degree of common sense realizes that you treat the forest with respect. Yet you've pushed your cause into the realm of activism, which again is fine, but you can't expect people with more than half a brain to buy into some of your simpleminded arguments. And, yes, I know you back them up with your half-baked research and your photography and your connecting yourself to the experts and university staff and the cream-of-the-crop horticulturists. But this is merely rhetorical nonsense to further your stilted perspectives.

For some time you used this thread to promote your proposed expertise and your ego under the guise of some treasure hunt, for which the master sparingly dished out little gems in the form of hints for his flock. The little game flourished until somebody, the evil wizard, called your bluff by detailing the locations of many of the famous trees. Not only did this person turn your little treasure hunt upside-down, but they presented the information as a comprehensive guide with maps, trail information and some nicely done photography.

So, what do you do??? Instead of giving the person a pat on the back for a job well done, you start screaming foul. You go on this crybaby tirade about preservationism and soil compaction. And then to top it off, you try to incite your flock to go on a witch hunt to track down the evil perpetrator - you even present the ludicrous idea of putting out a reward, all the time being echoed by your ancient man-without-a-brain alt. You post pictures of some said turquoise vehicle, you do the CSI thing on the person's camera type and habits.

And you think that people don't see through this?

Apparently whoever it was really bruised your ego. Hope it recovers. Keep taking pictures; it's good therapy.

Last edited by Montclairion; 04-07-2016 at 05:01 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 PM

87 posts, read 164,332 times
It's easy to throw stones when you hide behind an alias. If you ever met and talked with Mario you would realize you are all wet.
Respectfully,
Mark Graham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California