Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:19 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,778,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
I don't understand. I'm curious.
Where in Southern CA can you live that is 1&1/2 hours from both ocean and ski resort?
places i mentioned earlier in the thread fit as well as some of the others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,354,989 times
Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma, Upland, Claremont, LaVerne, all within easy daytrips to the beach, the desert or the mountains, and Ontario airport is nearby for longer trips. On map see towns along the I-10 or the I-210 between the I-15 and I-57.

All are good, safe areas in which to live, each have their own character. Claremont and LaVerne are college towns, and are in LA county so taxes and insurance may be higher. Upland has a lovely "old town" section with a kiosk in the center, Rancho is newer and more of a sprawling area with no defined "downtown" that I'm aware of... lots of tract housing and shopping centers.

Also, the section of Ontario that is near Ontario Mills has a lot of new appartment complexes and condos...on a map, see area around Milliken Ave between I-210 and I-10.

If you plan on commuting to work in Los Angeles or Orange County during morning rush hour, add a half hour to whatever drive time Mapquest gives you, (on days when there are no accidents.) If you find work to the east of where you live... like in the city of San Bernardino, the commute will be fairly easy.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:25 AM

4 posts, read 18,489 times
Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:25 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,636,358 times
I live 20 minutes from the beach and just over a hour to the resorts, smallish resorts being Big Bear, Wright Wood or Baldy. When we were young we would go surfing in the morning and drive up and go skiing in the same day.

The biggest limitation here is your budget for rent. Last time I rented ten years ago it was $650 for a 2 bedroom duplex. You could always share a house or rent a bedroom.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:33 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,148,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I live 20 minutes from the beach and just over a hour to the resorts, smallish resorts being Big Bear, Wright Wood or Baldy. When we were young we would go surfing in the morning and drive up and go skiing in the same day.

The biggest limitation here is your budget for rent. Last time I rented ten years ago it was $650 for a 2 bedroom duplex. You could always share a house or rent a bedroom.
Where do you live?

Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,177,815 times
There must be a beach by Shasta Lake in Redding, if you don't mind fresh water and don't mind hot weather. No end of mountains nearby, skiing up by Mt Shasta, good enough night life if you are a redneck type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California