Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 12:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Then they'll be caught by testing if the exposure infected them. And if small outbreaks happen in the meantime, let's just say the boss will remember that re future decisions about employment status and salary. I see a reason for government to explicitly allow companies to discipline employees who are dishonest about infection status.
Only if they get tested which I'd imagine many won't do unless forced to. And even if they are forced they can claim they were not aware they were exposed.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:49 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/med...ccine_card.pdf

That and some high-profile prosecutions will end most of the fraud.
I doubt it. Once again you demonstrate that you have no idea how the world works. Our leaders have their heads so far up their a$$es they are going to catch much if any of this. Anyone remember the recent EDD scandal? Looks like they're going to get away with billions of dollars.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...aud-20-billion

Old 12-16-2021, 12:55 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Quote:
Vaccine-salvation people Until now, I didn't realize how common they are. Holding us back maybe nearly as much as anti-vaxxers.
You keep saying "us" without realizing that you are the only person who agrees with you.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:57 PM

382 posts, read 179,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
It's interesting to me that there are folks who dont want the third vax and cite similar reasons about data being hidden, yet were completely okay getting the initial shots. Dont you think data there was hidden? According to the FOIA, pfizer in fact did hide data from the first two shots yet they were not questioned like the boosters are.
I wouldn't say I was completely ok with getting the initial shots. In fact, my dr that I still see down at Scripps even though I live in the Bay Area, didn't push me one way or the other. I chose to get it because my wife was forced as a teacher as well as my college kids, so I said if they're getting it I'm getting it. That was back in May, and my wife received it in March.

In hindsight, I'm glad I got both doses as I haven't changed my life with regards to travel, attending football/basketball games, etc. other than the mask mandates in the Bay Area. But, when I'm in other states people are pretty much over this pandemic and living life as usual so I choose to live as they do with no masks and no worry. Don't think I've caught it, but who really knows as I've heard that some people that showed allergy symptoms back in Nov (before Omicron), tested positive. Sorry, I'm not wasting my time getting tested if I'm not feeling really sick and not visiting any elderly people.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Only if they get tested which I'd imagine many won't do unless forced to. And even if they are forced they can claim they were not aware they were exposed.
Many people will be busted by adventures they admit having, such as unmasked travels and gatherings depicted on social media. Furthermore, suffice it to say young and very outgoing employees will be viewed with more suspicion. Someone who got exposed by a spouse or child probably will be responsible enough to say so and quarantine.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:28 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/med...ccine_card.pdf

That and some high-profile prosecutions will end most of the fraud.

Perhaps that may help some. The question to ask though, is who here is ok with fake vaccine cards being peddled?

Old 12-16-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Many people will be busted by adventures they admit having, such as unmasked travels and gatherings depicted on social media. Furthermore, suffice it to say young and very outgoing employees will be viewed with more suspicion. Someone who got exposed by a spouse or child probably will be responsible enough to say so and quarantine.
I don’t think anyone is going to be digging that deep, it’s not that serious. I don’t see how traveling would get them in trouble either. You really want a COVID Gestapo don’t you?

Old 12-16-2021, 01:53 PM

You consistently underestimate how badly employee shortages can hurt businesses (as part of a willful blindness to negative ramifications of COVID-19). In service-oriented industries, they can easily force places to close. Imagine 2 servers and a cook out due to quarantine. If I were the boss, I'd be furious at any employee who caused that by recklessness plus dishonesty, and if I didn't know who, I'd try to find out.

Old 12-16-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
You consistently underestimate how badly employee shortages can hurt businesses (as part of a willful blindness to negative ramifications of COVID-19). In service-oriented industries, they can easily force places to close. Imagine 2 servers and a cook out due to quarantine. If I were the boss, I'd be furious at any employee who caused that by recklessness plus dishonesty, and if I didn't know who, I'd try to find out.
So they're already short on staff and you think they're going to spend time combing through someone's social media? What exactly would that accomplish? You've wasted time doing that then what? Let go of the employee you sorely need?

Old 12-16-2021, 03:09 PM

The employee who is out and recklessly has caused others to be out is very replaceable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California