Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 05:16 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who exactly, is going to enforce this? Answer, no law enforcement. A grocery clerk? lmao.
You'd never last in L.A. County, Angry.

And no, it probably won't be the grocery clerk; it'll most likely be the manager. One recently approached me inside the supermarket when I forgot my mask. (I was really embarrassed.)

Old 12-13-2021, 05:18 PM

19,216 posts, read 16,696,914 times
In light of the new mask mandate again, look on the bright side ....

The good news is you can get one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Encased-Beard.../dp/B08N3LW9FN

The bad news is it won't arrive until after Christmas.

But hold onto it for next year because we'll still be wearing them.

Last edited by JGC97; 12-13-2021 at 05:27 PM..

Old 12-13-2021, 05:19 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

And no, it probably won't be the grocery clerk; it'll most likely be the manager. One recently approached me inside the supermarket when I forgot my mask. (I was really embarrassed.)
Trust me, you are 100% correct. I abhor that place. Every and anything about it

Old 12-13-2021, 05:23 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
So true. I don't understand it any more than you do. Makes it difficult to say this or that is the cause of it but one thing is certain; numbers don't lie and this has been significantly hard on the older population. Heard on the news the other night that 70% of the deaths happened to those over 65. For those of us over that age, it's a reminder to be just a little more careful, even if we have what we believe to be a strong immune system. You just never know how it will affect you. I would like to see less misinformation out there and people be a little more skeptical of believing everything they read but fear is a strong motivator.

I hope you're doing well and staying healthy, though.

Yes, the 70 to 75% of deaths are those over 65 is what I read....according to the most recent census, 16.5 % of the population is 65 and older........approx 54 million. I don't know what the stats are for hospitalizations and ICUs & "long COVID" for the population as a whole and for those older

https://data.census.gov/cedsci/profi...es&g=0100000US

Old 12-13-2021, 05:38 PM

19,216 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Yes, the 70 to 75% of deaths are those over 65 is what I read....according to the most recent census, 16.5 % of the population is 65 and older........approx 54 million. I don't know what the stats are for hospitalizations and ICUs & "long COVID" for the population as a whole and for those older

https://data.census.gov/cedsci/profi...es&g=0100000US
Should be interesting to see how the numbers change on that in the next reporting.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

There is a small family owned store around the corner. It is posted right on the door for quite some time. "No mask No entry" All healthcare providers require masks.....that even includes a acupuncturist I went to see last week. Perhaps that is not the case down in SD....maybe they just gave the finger to that. SD is about 500 miles from me.....so, it is like another state to me....hence really don't care what they do. I only use N95 masks.....not some mask made out of a tee shirt.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
There is a small family owned store around the corner. It is posted right on the door for quite some time. "No mask No entry" All healthcare providers require masks.....that even includes a acupuncturist I went to see last week. Perhaps that is not the case down in SD....maybe they just gave the finger to that. SD is about 500 miles from me.....so, it is like another state to me....hence really don't care what they do. I only use N95 masks.....not some mask made out of a tee shirt.
We really have been wide open here for about a year. Many wear masks in stores but they aren't "required" even for most of the workers. I just can't imagine rolling back into 2020 voluntarily. If the Govt actually was worried about safety they would have bought millions of the N95 and been giving them out in front of places that were issuing the vaccine. It appears all theatre.

I'll wear a mask when they admit they were wrong about everything all along. This should be good.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 12-13-2021 at 06:33 PM..

Old 12-13-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
We really have been wide open here for about a year. Many wear masks in stores but they aren't "required" even for most of the workers. I just can't imagine rolling back into 2020 voluntarily. If the Govt actually was worried about safety they would have bought millions of the N95 and been giving them out in front of places that were issuing the vaccine. It appears all theatre.

I'll wear a mask when they admit they were wrong about everything all along. This should be good.

I think the concern is the possibility of the healthcare system getting overloaded. The Delta is variant is still out there, highly transmissible Omicron variant is here and it is flu season ........finally it is the holiday season & winter....which means people spending more time indoors and family gatherings

Old 12-13-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I think the concern is the possibility of the healthcare system getting overloaded. The Delta is variant is still out there, highly transmissible Omicron variant is here and it is flu season ........finally it is the holiday season & winter....which means people spending more time indoors and family gatherings

And...there is no way Gavin can keep people from gathering in their homes. Never could.

If we actually needed more hospitals they've had two years to fund and build them. Or the portable ones used by the military. It's all theatre....

Old 12-13-2021, 07:19 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
And...there is no way Gavin can keep people from gathering in their homes. Never could.

If we actually needed more hospitals they've had two years to fund and build them. Or the portable ones used by the military. It's all theatre....
If portable military hospitals or workers are needed, they'll be brought in. It's hard to anticipate where the needs will be, except San Francisco seems to have particularly cooperative residents. I don't know if the government is concerned about frustrated healthcare workers quitting their jobs, but that should be a concern and a reason to keep the population from needing urgent care. It of course also is cheaper to preclude the use of services.

Last edited by goodheathen; 12-13-2021 at 07:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California