Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2021, 05:37 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
This is fun

Hey Mars, I know you were wanting to get the J & J vaccine.....so check this out:
I was able to get an appointment for the J & J vaccine at the Albertsons in Bakersfield on March 31. They had openings available for several days before this date, but I had other medical appointments before that. Lots of time slots too. Albertsons will accept you even if you're in a different county if you are within a 50 mile radius from them. I am in Tulare County and the Albertsons is in Kern County.

Here's the service dashboard to see if you can get in somewhere.
Service Dashboard

Old 03-18-2021, 05:44 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Like I said though, the shortage here is bad enough that the most recent TA allows classified to run zoom classroom labs. Maybe people don't understand what that means exactly. A school could technically put a custodian, lunch personnel or bus driver in charge of a classroom where kids do their online learning with their regular teacher. That's how depleted the sub pool is.
It's amazing how differently each district works. That's pretty frightening that a person with no background in teaching could be stepping in for a credentialed teacher like that.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
You're picking one district in the entire state (not to mention that it's Orange County).

Old 03-18-2021, 06:27 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
US 7-day positivity rate at 3.81%, a pandemic low. We're now averaging 2.5 million daily shots across the country.

No metropolitan counties are purple now, most are in the Central Valley and doubt it's because they're being irresponsible. The business closures are a double shot there because it gives them higher unemployment as well. 9 of the 18 US metros with the highest unemployment are smaller California metros like Merced, Fresno, and Bakersfield. We need a policy to help them open up, not subject to the same silly coloring book being applied to SF, LA, and San Diego. These people can't Zoom into the apricot orchards and the retail/restaurant closures are only making unemployment there worse.

https://www.bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm

Old 03-18-2021, 06:27 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You're picking one district in the entire state (not to mention that it's Orange County).
Apparently you did not read the article, but are making assumptions based on the fact that it is in the OC Register. This article makes no mention of "one district," let alone an OC district. It's about the entire state.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Apparently you did not read the article, but are making assumptions based on the fact that it is in the OC Register. This article makes no mention of "one district," let alone an OC district. It's about the entire state.
No, I can't read the article. But I know how upset parents are about their kids not being in school RIGHT NOW since we have several friends and family members who live there.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
It's closer to an opinion piece than a news report and it's outdated. Los Angeles and the other districts I know of have agreed to re-opening dates for young students. Unions bargain with strong demands. Real evidence is lacking that coronavirus has turned unions against the concept of in-person learning.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Los Angeles and the other districts I know of have agreed to re-opening dates for young students. Unions bargain with strong demands. Real evidence is lacking that coronavirus has turned unions against the concept of in-person learning.
You're right.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:47 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Hey Mars, I know you were wanting to get the J & J vaccine.....so check this out:
I was able to get an appointment for the J & J vaccine at the Albertsons in Bakersfield on March 31. They had openings available for several days before this date, but I had other medical appointments before that. Lots of time slots too. Albertsons will accept you even if you're in a different county if you are within a 50 mile radius from them. I am in Tulare County and the Albertsons is in Kern County.

Here's the service dashboard to see if you can get in somewhere.
Service Dashboard
Thanks for the link, Janelle. I entered my info and set it for a distance fairly close but nothing came up. I'll have to set it for a distance farther away and see if I get lucky. Good to learn you got an appointment, though. Hope everything goes well.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:21 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Thanks for the link, Janelle. I entered my info and set it for a distance fairly close but nothing came up. I'll have to set it for a distance farther away and see if I get lucky. Good to learn you got an appointment, though. Hope everything goes well.
Check every day. The spots go really quickly. I signed up yesterday and there were 100 spots over a 5 day period....now there are none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California