Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2022, 08:26 AM

426 posts, read 178,090 times

Advertisements

It’s time to move on from covid. Only perpetually miserable people, annoyed that normal people have moved on from COVID. Enough is enough. Move on already. Covid is over. Enjoy life!

Old 04-30-2022, 09:41 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
It’s time to move on from covid. Only perpetually miserable people, annoyed that normal people have moved on from COVID. Enough is enough. Move on already. Covid is over. Enjoy life!

Old 04-30-2022, 12:47 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
The media in CA won’t as they know it’s a money maker for them. The other day I was curious how many times the home page of the Chronicle mentioned COVID compared to other papers; 13 versus 2 for the Miami Herald and Nola.com. Politicians here realize there is political capital with the issue too. Californians will not let it go.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
I understand not wanting to hear about some topics ad nauseum. War coverage is like that for me. However, I'd never argue that war is fake or unimportant, especially if it were local.

Vulnerable people don't really exist, vulnerable people don't matter, vulnerable people made themselves that way and can fix it - all are very problematic beliefs.

I think this is a state of collective madness, and I will not ignore some increased risk to myself (because nobody is at very low risk, not where I and most people live anyway) and me possibly becoming a risk to others.

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-30-2022 at 02:24 PM..

Old 04-30-2022, 02:30 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I think this is a state of collective madness, and I will not ignore some increased risk to myself (because nobody is at very low risk, not where I and most people live anyway) and me possibly becoming a risk to others.
Well, Covid is not ever going away, so you have chosen to make the rest of your life all about Covid. That's fine. People dedicate their lives to all sorts of things, why not a disease. But I think it's pointless not to let other people move on. Nobody likes a nag.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:12 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,458 times
Quote:
I understand not wanting to hear about some topics ad nauseum. War coverage is like that for me. However, I'd never argue that war is fake or unimportant, especially if it were local.

Vulnerable people don't really exist, vulnerable people don't matter, vulnerable people made themselves that way and can fix it - all are very problematic beliefs.

Vulnerable people exist and they’re important to their loved ones. They also don’t need you, me, or the media to make choices for them. They have all the tools to be protected if they so want, and should have all the freedoms if they so want.

This is not about vulnerable people it’s about you.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:21 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
and mornin

Let's get ready to rummmmmmmmbbbbble

Uh oh I think I have a sore throat
This thread is "Must-See TV"!

Old 04-30-2022, 04:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Well, Covid is not ever going away, so you have chosen to make the rest of your life all about Covid. That's fine. People dedicate their lives to all sorts of things, why not a disease. But I think it's pointless not to let other people move on. Nobody likes a nag.
Life is not binary that way, and everyone is part of this, whether they admit it or not. Also, I clearly don't care if people dislike me for speaking truth.

also some serpent said
Quote:
Vulnerable people exist and they’re important to their loved ones. They also don’t need you, me, or the media to make choices for them. They have all the tools to be protected if they so want, and should have all the freedoms if they so want.

This is not about vulnerable people it’s about you.
It's more about me, but factually it is not true that severely immunocompromised people can protect themselves from virus around them with just masks and EvuSheld (assuming they can get it and it's somewhat effective), I'm not qualified to assess if it's safe enough for a larger, moderately vulnerable part of the population, and I think everyone in society deserves reasonable accommodation.

Old 05-01-2022, 02:11 AM

35,013 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Again
It's one of the most clear post-2020 factoids that unvaccinated people on average require more (meaning pricier) care due to infection. Vaccines themselves are cheaper than maybe any other medical intervention for COVID-19.

With the government appallingly not caring much anymore, it won't be subsidizing some things that insurance companies - meaning customers - now will have to pay more for, although like I've said once recently, California insurance regulations will limit how much the public will have to pay. For multiple reasons, the concierge care alternative
It is worth pointing out that the initial roll-outs of both the vaccines and treatments were botched, largely because of attempts to make those "equitable" rather than maximizing speed. Demand for vaccination was quite strong in early 2021. See Houston Doctor Fired for Giving Away Doses of Covid Vaccine (that were about to expire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I hate to post this in POC, but I have no alternative. This story, Houston Doctor Fired for Giving Away Doses of Covid Vaccine (that were about to expire) should not be happening. In a nutshell, with fifteen minutes left on the time the vaccine could be used before being dumped down the toilet, he gave a dose to his wife. He disclosed it in his daily log sheets. There were two problems: 1) the (about to be wasted) does was considered "stolen"; and 2) there was not enough "equity" in this distribution of vaccines.

This doctor is now facing criminal charges. The judge dismissed the criminal complaint so off to the grand jury this case goes. Where are we as a country? Surrendered to "wokedom"?
See also Racist Gov. Hochul denies Covid treatment for whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...-19-treatments
Empire State considers being a minority a health 'risk factor' due to 'longstanding systemic health and social inequities' ...

The plan includes a section on eligibility for the scarce antiviral pills that people must meet to receive the treatment, including a line stating a person needs to have "a medical condition or other factors that increase their risk for severe illness."

One such "risk factor" is being a race or ethnicity that is not White due to "longstanding systemic health and social inequities"

"Non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19," the memo reads. ...

Old 05-01-2022, 04:32 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,458 times
Quote:
Life is not binary that way, and everyone is part of this, whether they admit it or not. Also, I clearly don't care if people dislike me for speaking truth.

also some serpent said

It's more about me, but factually it is not true that severely immunocompromised people can protect themselves from virus around them with just masks and EvuSheld (assuming they can get it and it's somewhat effective), I'm not qualified to assess if it's safe enough for a larger, moderately vulnerable part of the population, and I think everyone in society deserves reasonable accommodation.
You’re wrong on one, right on tow.

Wrong: immunocompromised people can protect themselves 100% by staying home. There are masks and things they can do, that if they need to venture out, they’re virtually 100% protected. Sure this inconveniences them some but that’s better than inconveniencing everyone. Also, the vast majority of immunocompromised are not at risk from this virus despite fear mongering by the media.

Right:

You’re not qualified to make any assessments on the safety precautions others should take. Many immunocompromised want to get back to normal and are glad the restrictions are coming down one by one.

And the other thing you’re right on is this is all about you. So don’t hide behind “vulnerable” people just say it: I want to inconvenience the majority of people for my benefit. But when you say it that way it ain’t flattering is it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California