Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 08:43 PM

21,814 posts, read 16,491,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsun View Post
Don't be so harsh on yourself.
I’m not. Welcome new poster. Santa didn’t bring you new fishing gear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 08:48 PM

42,884 posts, read 26,470,454 times
Quote:
We need a return to normalcy where Colonel Chivington's such as yourself can cheer the destruction of a sovereign nation in Africa and wildly exclaim as children are blessed with drone strikes. Normalcy also entails burying ones head to a former Vice President stealing tax payer dollars via foreign aid and a white lady claiming to be Red. Clearly, we should take your idea of mental illness seriously.
It's peculiar to find a new forum member come out with guns blazing like that

Old 12-31-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's peculiar to find a new forum member come out with guns blazing like that
To say nothing of a Trump supporter who quotes Russel Means and snarks about Colonel Chivington. Kudos for the creative spirit though We’ll see how many days (hours?) s/he lasts

Old 12-31-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Quote me where I show support for Trump. As for the snark at Colonel Chivington, a genocidal individual deserves more than a snark.
Good night. Happy New Year. Best wishes for your upcoming vacation.

Old 01-01-2020, 12:30 AM

1,336 posts, read 935,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No, I’m not going back and read all ... the recent 4 or 5 pages have been loaded with conspiracy accusations ... and you are protesting that a number of thread contributors are supporting an “ammo ban”. Examples?

Faux conservatives are most of you who post knee-jerk reactions to anything and everything you feel threatened by and level blame on liberal ideology without examining any logical bases. Example: if a new law is poorly structured and executed, in your mind it must be a liberal plot - as opposed to simple incompetence. Virtually all who continue to support Trump after he has demonstrated such complete mental illness as he has - are faux conservatives. Real conservatives think about issues in relation to classical definitions of the philosophy. And of course the same applies to liberals.

Ideologies are poor excuses for lazy intellects - Tulemutt
Gotcha.

Let me help you sharpen your phraseology:

1. what you define above by 'faux conservative', you should more accurately use the description: "paranoid conservative". Such person is not fake at all, they are simply over paranoid about the intent of liberal originated policies, in your worldview. However, since, in this instance, the ammo ban is from a purely liberal supermajority, zero support from the conservative minority, zero support from all conservative citizens, and less than unanimous support from left and independent voters, I would just say, yeah, this ammo ban is yet another piece of the liberal plot to dismantle the 2A. To your point, there have been many other CA liberal policies that were just pure incompetence of badly thought out policies, so agree with you there.

2. "Ideologies are poor excuses for lazy intellects", a vague statement whose gears don't mesh. An intellect by definition would not indulge in ideology as a way to avoid the work of thinking. Maybe you mean "Ideologies are poor replacements for your own analysis", or something to that effect. Your phrase strikes me as confused. Also I don't think you've thought through the reasons that Trump may yet win 2020, due to your lazy stereotyping of Trump supports and your lazy simplistic conclusion of the nature of their support. If the DNC leaders thinks like you do, Trump has the best chance that he's gonna have. Your intense dislike for Trump is clouding your objective analysis.

In response to who is supporting the ammo ban, absolutely 100% of those on this board who voted for Newsom, so you know who you are. The usual suspects.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
However, since, in this instance, the ammo ban is from a purely liberal supermajority, zero support from the conservative minority, zero support from all conservative citizens,
That's how politics work, a Republican majority gave us a horrible tax bill and Bret Kavanaugh. I sure don't recall anyone asking the "liberal minority" for input into either of those issues, do you? It sucks but those are the consequences of losing.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:56 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,209,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Gotcha.

Let me help you sharpen your phraseology:

1. what you define above by 'faux conservative', you should more accurately use the description: "paranoid conservative". Such person is not fake at all, they are simply over paranoid about the intent of liberal originated policies, in your worldview. However, since, in this instance, the ammo ban is from a purely liberal supermajority, zero support from the conservative minority, zero support from all conservative citizens, and less than unanimous support from left and independent voters, I would just say, yeah, this ammo ban is yet another piece of the liberal plot to dismantle the 2A. To your point, there have been many other CA liberal policies that were just pure incompetence of badly thought out policies, so agree with you there.

2. "Ideologies are poor excuses for lazy intellects", a vague statement whose gears don't mesh. An intellect by definition would not indulge in ideology as a way to avoid the work of thinking. Maybe you mean "Ideologies are poor replacements for your own analysis", or something to that effect. Your phrase strikes me as confused. Also I don't think you've thought through the reasons that Trump may yet win 2020, due to your lazy stereotyping of Trump supports and your lazy simplistic conclusion of the nature of their support. If the DNC leaders thinks like you do, Trump has the best chance that he's gonna have. Your intense dislike for Trump is clouding your objective analysis.

In response to who is supporting the ammo ban, absolutely 100% of those on this board who voted for Newsom, so you know who you are. The usual suspects.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:36 AM

8,742 posts, read 13,018,631 times
Quote:
That's how politics work, a Republican majority gave us a horrible tax bill and Bret Kavanaugh. I sure don't recall anyone asking the "liberal minority" for input into either of those issues, do you? It sucks but those are the consequences of losing.
Elections have consequences.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:43 AM

1,336 posts, read 935,407 times
Quote:
IIRC the liberal minority had plenty of input on Justice K, even, to many opinions, wrecking his reputation without substantiation.

Horrible tax bill? Brett K? That's your best examples of Republican cramming down Democrats?
Did Repubs overnight make any Democrats felons with extremely arbitrary and ineffectual legislation? Like Newsom and Brown did in California to hundreds of thousands of CA semi-automatic owners?

Old 01-01-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Elections have consequences.
yep! That was my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California