Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 12:48 PM

42,877 posts, read 26,438,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Right, for CA progressives, it's a herbal tea, yeah I know, that's fine, keep smoking your tea, I am sure it has no effects on cognition and perception whatsoever. When you get rear ended in traffic by a driver impaired by marijuana, you can argue definitions about whether it's a narcotic or not.
It's not a narcotic, it's a psychoactive drug. Alcohol is an addicting and psychoactive but it isn't a narcotic either. I'm not arguing about definitions, I'm telling you what they are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 12:52 PM

1,336 posts, read 934,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I am also quite sure you know just about nothing re: marijuana.
"I never inhaled".

I don't have a huge problem with legalization, if you want to get stoned out of your gourd, go right on ahead. I wish the govt would not tax it so much, because that just creates a black market, keeping cartel violence on the increase. The problem is not even really the cartels, they are just making and delivering what you want. It's you, the pot smoker creating the demand and shelling out the constant flow of dollars that is ultimately responsible for cartels jockeying for position.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's not a narcotic, it's a psychoactive drug. Alcohol is an addicting and psychoactive but it isn't a narcotic either. I'm not arguing about definitions, I'm telling you what they are
Super duper. I'll remember next time somebody I know gets killed by an impaired driver of marijuana or alcohol, vs an opioid or your strict definition of narcotic.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:00 PM

50,510 posts, read 47,300,045 times
Quote:
Basically they want to make sure people who buy ammo aren't prohibited. I think there would have been better ways to do this that wouldn't be so burdensome to people who can legally buy ammo and my guess it that it will be modified in the near future, but I think the intent is valid.
If that is the intent than why aren't they making any attempt to enforce it. It's an attempt at a gun registry at the State level. I don't buy it for a second it has anything to do with ammo since it's obviously not being enforced and too easy to work around.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:23 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,813,889 times
Quote:

Surely even you can see the advantage in not selling felons ammo, right?
Sure , lets not sell ammo to felons. I agree. But let's not penalize me at the same time.......just get more cops to go after the felons.

That would be like making you register to buy booze every time because some bad people drank too much and killed somebody....except it wouldn't be a direct analogy because, unlike guns, owning booze is not a right protected under the Constitution.... but you should be able to get my point.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:01 PM

But Woody, you see, liberals booze up like everyone else, so they would never support any alcohol restrictions to themselves. However, since ammo bans only upset others, they have no problems with that.

Though what they don't know is many independent leaning Democrats voters do not support the increasing suffocation of 2A rights. Even if some of them don't even own guns, these more rational folks are cognizant that choking off 2A allows the precedence of other BofR freedoms to be infringed upon. Unfortunately the others here supporting this ammo ban just don't ever see how they are slowly being encircled by a cage of their own construction.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:48 PM

21,797 posts, read 16,467,596 times
Quote:
But Woody, you see, liberals booze up like everyone else, so they would never support any alcohol restrictions to themselves. However, since ammo bans only upset others, they have no problems with that.

Though what they don't know is many independent leaning Democrats voters do not support the increasing suffocation of 2A rights. Even if some of them don't even own guns, these more rational folks are cognizant that choking off 2A allows the precedence of other BofR freedoms to be infringed upon. Unfortunately the others here supporting this ammo ban just don't ever see how they are slowly being encircled by a cage of their own construction.
Remind me who here supports a “ban” on ammo. I haven’t read all the 55 pages of posts. But mostly in the recent pages I’ve looked at, I see a number of faux conservatives raising alarm about government conspiracy that’s not being well exposed - mostly just feared in theory. I see some smoke. Not sure yet I see the source ... maybe just imaginations catching fire.

Who’s been arguing in favor of a ban? (Forum contributors, that is.)

Old 12-31-2019, 04:45 PM

OK, go read all 55 pages first.

But first, tell me who are the 'faux conservatives' ... what is a faux conservative. Somebody who says they are conservatives but really liberals? Wolf in sheeps clothing?

Old 12-31-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
OK, go read all 55 pages first.

But first, tell me who are the 'faux conservatives' ... what is a faux conservative. Somebody who says they are conservatives but really liberals? Wolf in sheeps clothing?
No, I’m not going back and read all ... the recent 4 or 5 pages have been loaded with conspiracy accusations ... and you are protesting that a number of thread contributors are supporting an “ammo ban”. Examples?

Faux conservatives are most of you who post knee-jerk reactions to anything and everything you feel threatened by and level blame on liberal ideology without examining any logical bases. Example: if a new law is poorly structured and executed, in your mind it must be a liberal plot - as opposed to simple incompetence. Virtually all who continue to support Trump after he has demonstrated such complete mental illness as he has - are faux conservatives. Real conservatives think about issues in relation to classical definitions of the philosophy. And of course the same applies to liberals.

Ideologies are poor excuses for lazy intellects - Tulemutt

Old 12-31-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsun View Post
We need a return to normalcy where Colonel Chivington's such as yourself can cheer the destruction of a sovereign nation in Africa and wildly exclaim as children are blessed with drone strikes. Normalcy also entails burying ones head to a former Vice President stealing tax payer dollars via foreign aid and a white lady claiming to be Red. Clearly, we should take your idea of mental illness seriously.
Well, anyone with half the brain god gave a gnat should - given the evidence is in your face everyday. But then, those without even half a brain ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California